Texas Hill Country Ride - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 10:05 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileron View Post
Very nice! Those are my old stomping grounds - Lime Creek road was always a favorite.

http://fjr-tips.org/misc/pics/rides/Lime_Creek_Road.mp4
Jesse H likes this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 11:08 AM
Farkle Trainee

Nice riding country! I sampled (on four wheels) some of that area last year. New Braunfels (and Wurstfest - insane!), Gruen, and ...where else... Luckenbach. Gotta love those RR roads!.Sure wasn't what I expected for Texas. Silly me!

I used to think I probably knew what I was doing. Now I know I probably know what I'm doing. Which doesn't say I always knew what I was doing or always know what I'm doing. You know what I'm saying?
-
'17 FJR 1300ES
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
Nice riding country! I sampled (on four wheels) some of that area last year. New Braunfels (and Wurstfest - insane!), Gruen, and ...where else... Luckenbach. Gotta love those RR roads!.Sure wasn't what I expected for Texas. Silly me!
Texas is so big it's got a little bit of almost everything!

I'm back again this weekend and am figuring out how to retire out here once the kids are older.
bounce likes this.

2015 FJR1300A

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 06:13 PM
Training wheels fitted!

[QUOTE=Jesse H;1233201]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
Texas is so big it's got a little bit of almost everything!

Hello everyone I just got the 2005 fjr1300 with 85k kilometers on it.
I have done basic standard service, oil changes and a little other checks.
I intend to do an up north, west and tour within my country and this friend of mine that rides a 2008 BigKing(adds STP engine treatment to his bike while doing his oil change) was advising I add the STP engine treatment to my engine to help me on the trip because our region(AFRICA, NIGERIA) is currently terribly hot this period with temperatures rising up to 40 to 45 degrees.
Did a few reading online about the STP engine treatment and saw a few good reviews...but I want to be double sure and ask a few people with long time experience(s) to plz kind suggest and advice.
Here is the particular STP he was advising I use...

I intend to start my tour on Thursday and intend to cover a total distance of over 3,000km in total.
Thank you all...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page