Trip to Glacier National Park - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I love riding out there. Contrasts where you ride in the plains (think hot) and hit the mountains (think cooler), and everything in between. Lots of vistas. Been in Glacier 4 times, Beartooth three, and even ran across a Pterodactyl a coupla times. All good!
I'm definitely going back! There were times in SD that we were melting, but once we got up into the mountains, the weather was perfect!

I wanna go fast!!!! - Ricky Bobby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_FJR View Post
Thanks for sharing! I used to live in Nebraska and have ridden some of those same areas. We are a long ways from our respective home states, no?! Did you travel NE going west or scoot up to SD and take 90? Glad you are home safely!

Patrick
Thanks Patrick, We went up through Sioux Falls, and out on 90. Yes, we were a long ways from home! I kind of wish I had brought my passport and crossed over into Canada, but I guess I'll save that for next time.
Sete Bond likes this.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Zounds, you saw in ton in a very short time. We live about half way between Glacier and the Beartooth and would take that long to ride both. We attend a BMW rally just out side Red Lodge most years and ride the Beartooth Pass a couple of times.
That BMW rally sounds fun. We actually ate lunch in Red Lodge and received a lecture from the town patrolman about crossing the double yellow line to get a parking spot. I never realized how large of a state Montana is!
Hankerin likes this.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:47 AM
Farkle Trainee

I will be going there (again) in a few weeks. As well as North Cascades, Olympia, and Mt. Rainier National Parks. The next time you go to Glacier might I suggest the Ninepipes Lodge in Charlo Mt. Nice rooms, a great restaurant, and a great place to unwind with the beverage of your choice after a long ride.

https://www.ninepipeslodge.com/

I am getting two nights there for $204.74.
FJRChuck, the Ferret and Sete Bond like this.

My first car was a motorcycle.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:47 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
I will be going there (again) in a few weeks. As well as North Cascades, Olympia, and Mt. Rainier National Parks. The next time you go to Glacier might I suggest the Ninepipes Lodge in Charlo Mt. Nice rooms, a great restaurant, and a great place to unwind with the beverage of your choice after a long ride.

What a beautiful view.

Dang, we stayed at the lodge in Glacier and it was over $300 a night, and the rooms were tiny, and had no air conditioning (but opening the windows cooled things off nicely). Oh and no elevator and we were on the 3rd floor and had to carry all the motorcycle gear up 3 flights of steps. Uggg. Was a beautiful lodge though.
Uncle Meat likes this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post

Wow, looks like a great place to stay! That sounds like a fun trip that you have planned. Enjoy your ride and have a safe trip!
Uncle Meat likes this.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Going to Red Lodge early in Aug. to ride (bicycle) the Beartooth Hwy and Chief Joseph pass. A 6 day 350 mile 500 person traveling camping bicycle tour. Fifth year in a roe for the Cycle Greater Yellowstone tour, a different quadrant each year, fantastic country.
Oh how I wish i was bring my FJR. Enjoy and ride safe.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 03:28 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankerin View Post
Going to Red Lodge early in Aug. to ride (bicycle) the Beartooth Hwy and Chief Joseph pass. A 6 day 350 mile 500 person traveling camping bicycle tour. Fifth year in a roe for the Cycle Greater Yellowstone tour, a different quadrant each year, fantastic country.
Oh how I wish i was bring my FJR. Enjoy and ride safe.
Geez having ridden that loop on a motorcycle, I just can't imagine peddaling all the way around it. Some of you bicycle riders are tough!

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
Geez having ridden that loop on a motorcycle, I just can't imagine peddaling all the way around it. Some of you bicycle riders are tough!
Last time we were riding Chief Joseph pass I met 2 peddle bikers at the gorge taking a break. I asked them how they could do it , they said they were on their way back to Boston. They had ridden all the way to the west coast & were on their way back. Riding those hills would be hard, but riding that wind through the plains might suck even worse, if it aint going your way.
the Ferret likes this.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 11:14 PM
Farkle Trainee

Those pics are amazing, thank you for sharing. I've been wanting to go there for a couple of years. Now it's definitely on my list of to do's even if I go by myself. Can I assume you were there earlier this month?

-Brent

2016 FJR1300A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page