Just Back - Austin TX To Toronto Can And Back - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By Fleuger99

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Just Back - Austin TX To Toronto Can And Back

Hi All,

I just got home today from a twelve day trip from Austin TX to Toronto Can and back. I was heading up to visit family and decided to make it a bike trip. I did the trip up in three days, spent six days with family and friends and then three days back. The route up was a bit longer at 1658 miles and return trip was 1546 miles for a grand total of 3204 miles. Below are the routes I took and I averaged about 525 miles per day.

The Good:
-The bike performed amazingly and this trip has made me love it even more. It ran like a champ at 75Mph - 90Mph depending when and where and not so much as a single complaint at all.
-On the third day I was glad to be near my destination, both going there and back.
-My new Metzler Roadtec 01's performed amazingly well and I'm so glad I bought them. My second day coming home I was in several down pours going through Kentucky and Tennessee and I mean heavy rains. I wore my rain suit and never had a single drop of water get in. I rod the bike at 65Mph in the heavy rains and not such much as a slip or anything indicating the conditions I was riding in. In the dry they were amazing as well. I'll definitely be buying these again next time around.

The Not So Good:
-****, even my Comfort Seat was only good until about 250 miles then I HAD to get off the bike. Then every 150 miles was my best strategy for giving my @ss a break. This was my ONLY complaint about my bike, **** seat! Before my big trip next year I'll have a custom seat made.
- Heavy thunderstorms off and on all of this past Sunday riding through Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Back in Texas yesterday afternoon and today, it was **** hot. Between Palestine and Buffalo Texas on 79 today, road works shut down alternating sides of the highway. While waiting for our turn to go, sitting in the hot sun (94F) in my full riding suit I started to bake.

Overall, loved the trip, had a great time and my FJR was AWESOME!!! I was hauling two full panniers stuffed with tools, cleaning kit, my electronics etc. and a water proof duffel bag on my luggage rack and she performed flawlessly.

To Toronto:

Route Home:
FJRChuck, Redfish, W8NONU and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:24 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Good write up, what rainsuit do you use? Get an RDL seat if you can. MHO

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
Good write up, what rainsuit do you use? Get an RDL seat if you can. MHO
It is this suit, the RevIt 2 [email protected] suit. Easy to get on and off and the zipper has a gator underneath it covered by velcro close. If put on correctly it is water tight. Fortunately, only needed it three times in the three years I've owned it and its never let me get wet. I went with the bright yellow one to make me more visible in the rainy conditions.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-h2o-rain-suit

Yeah, won't do another long distance trip with out a good seat. I think I'll wait till fall then order a RDL seat.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Just an FYI - the four **** are d_a_m_n not another four letter word
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 08:28 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Howdy from another FJR owner that left Austin last year, moving 8 miles north to Leander!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
Howdy from another FJR owner that left Austin last year, moving 8 miles north to Leander!
Are you still around on the forum? If you are respond with a message and we can connect and go riding sometime. I just read this message tonight, I missed it before now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page