FJR Owners Forum banner

Trouble posting replies.

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  administrator 
#1 ·
Yesterday I posted a reply in a thread, and my reply went in, but it was not logged in the "Recent Discussions" column, so nobody could see that there was a fresh reply.

Today, I again replied in a thread, and this time my reply was logged, but it did not actually appear in the thread. So I posted it again, and sure enough, it now appeared twice, and I had to delete one.

#2 ·
Ok, I'm curious, 'Recent Discussions'? I have 'New Posts' and that has a drop down with days or weeks. I normally just click on new posts and it shows everything new since the last time I was on. Do you have it worded differently there down under?

#4 ·
Not just you Bernie, I've noticed the forum doing some goofy things lately. Maybe we're getting to much solar wind or the gods are punishing us for again invading Mars.

Reactions: passx and Bernie
#5 ·
Yesterday I posted a reply in a thread, and my reply went in, but it was not logged in the "Recent Discussions" column, so nobody could see that there was a fresh reply. Today, I again replied in a thread, and this time my reply was logged, but it did not actually appear in the thread. So I posted it again, and sure enough, it now appeared twice, and I had to delete one.
Bernie,

Have you tried posting with a different web browser? Try posting with Opera, IE, Firefox, Chrome, et c. Some use "profiles" that may get degraded over time. I fixed a strange problem with mine by creating a new profile, and seeing that it fixed the problem I was having. Then I deleted the old profile. Anyway, a different browser may not have the same problem that you have now, so you will know if the problem is at the website or at your end.

#6 ·
I too only use the "New Posts". It drops down a menu but if you click on the header, it's ALL NEW since last login.

If you post a reply, that reply is not "new to you" so won't show up in those kinds of searches. It would be new to someone who hasn't logged in since you posted it but you saw it after posting it (so NOT new).

#9 ·
Yesterday I posted a reply in a thread, and my reply went in, but it was not logged in the "Recent Discussions" column, so nobody could see that there was a fresh reply.

Today, I again replied in a thread, and this time my reply was logged, but it did not actually appear in the thread. So I posted it again, and sure enough, it now appeared twice, and I had to delete one.
Subscribing to a thread is the ideal way to make sure you are getting notifications of your replies.
-Philip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.