Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Foot Peg Lowering Kit
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 06:31 PM
ShoopCE
Training wheels fitted!

The lowering arms arrived from Germany and they look and work great. They look so much a part of the bike that you really need to look to see that they are add ons.

There was no hassle with shipping from Germany. But it took a while, 3 weeks, and the tracking systems had no info for a week after DHL put the package on the ship and before it somehow materialized in Cincinnati OH in the USPS system. The vendor shipped this with a signature required - added a day.

The 2016 passenger pegs slipped right in. I found that the difference for the later foot pegs is simply that Yamaha started using a softer rubber with more of an air bubble that might be intended to provide better vibration isolation. The prior version were like the peg covers on my 2008 FZ6, harder rubber, simple flat solid core strip that has the same mounting points for two screws. I'm replacing the covers on my rider peg with the older version. The 2-yr old pegs on by bike are getting torn up.

Time to ride!

Chris Shoop
2016 FJR-A, 2008 FZ6 Blue
Parkersburg, WV

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome