Rear Passenger Peg Lowering - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By fauxfjr

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Rear Passenger Peg Lowering

2003 FJR - 105,000 K

My wife is having some knee trouble these days and I want to lower the rear pegs and see if that relieves it. It should. I will probably redo my stock seat to raise her up a bit so she has a better leg bend but that takes time and I have to send my seat to California so that is a winter project. I like the idea of "floorboards" but I have never seen any for sale. I saw a simple peg lowering bracket but they are out of stock always it seems.

If anyone has source that ships to Canada or a used set, I'm open to ideas. I want to head out on a 16 hour ride with her at the end of July without installing a booster seat

It's either fix it or Goldwing shopping (not that there is anything wrong with that), the passenger is a little neglected on the 03 FJR. Thanks for the look.

MTO
2003 FJR 1300
105,000 Kilometres
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Farkle Trainee

I installed the peg lowering kit from MCL for the passenger pegs and my wife has stopped complaining about pain in her knees.

Pappy-09AE
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 03:41 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
MCL passenger foot peg lowers will be available in one week about..

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index...products_id=31

Another guy from Germany make very nice passenger foot peg lowers for the fjr:

http://www.bruudtcnc.de/shop/product...2001-2012.html

For floorboards a member in fjr forum he make very nice floorboards for the fjr!
http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?
His name there is:08FJR4ME (Dave)

These:

2003/ABS FJR
XTZ 750 Super Tenere

Last edited by Mihalis fjr; 06-26-2013 at 04:07 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

I like the floorboards and it keeps her boots off the pipes without adding shields over the pipes. MCL seems to be out of stock right now so options might diminish to have by July 27. Will try to see what I can get before then. Thanks so much for helping me out!

MTO
2003 FJR 1300
105,000 Kilometres
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 AM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I like the floorboards and it keeps her boots off the pipes without adding shields over the pipes. MCL seems to be out of stock right now so options might diminish to have by July 27. Will try to see what I can get before then. Thanks so much for helping me out!
I was interesting for the MCL passenger foot peg lowers and i email to them..They told me that will be available in one week about from now..The BRUUDT: http://www.bruudtcnc.de/shop/product...2001-2012.html
is very similar to MCL..perhaps i will buy the brackets from him..The only problem is that he don't sells the protective shields for the silencers,but not a big problem because you can buy them from MCL later..

2003/ABS FJR
XTZ 750 Super Tenere

Last edited by Mihalis fjr; 06-27-2013 at 03:53 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihalis fjr View Post
I was interesting for the MCL passenger foot peg lowers and i email to them..They told me that will be available in one week about from now..The BRUUDT: http://www.bruudtcnc.de/shop/product...2001-2012.html
is very similar to MCL..perhaps i will buy the brackets from him..The only problem is that he don't sells the protective shields for the silencers,but not a big problem because you can buy them from MCL later..
Ordered them from Bruudt. Problem with addressing the online shopping cart with province. He emailed me and fixed it right away as it was a known problem. Ordered at about $125 Canadian (all in) and he said about 4 days shipping. I was impressed. "Might" buy the shields later or cover her heels in aluminum foil, lol. It will be interesting to see how she fairs getting on and off with the lowering. Thanks again all.......... I know this will solve the knee hurting problem!

MTO
2003 FJR 1300
105,000 Kilometres
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 AM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Ordered them from Bruudt. Problem with addressing the online shopping cart with province. He emailed me and fixed it right away as it was a known problem. Ordered at about $125 Canadian (all in) and he said about 4 days shipping. I was impressed. "Might" buy the shields later or cover her heels in aluminum foil, lol. It will be interesting to see how she fairs getting on and off with the lowering. Thanks again all.......... I know this will solve the knee hurting problem!
You're welcome,
The BRUUDT brackets from what i see is 80mm lenght and 39mm outside.
Τhe MCL brackets is:63mm lenght and 25mm outside.
Conclusion:I believe that with the BRUUDT brackets your wife will feel more comfortable than the MCL brackets..!
When you will receive and install them,please let us know her impressions..

As for your seat,not needed to raise her up,try this really good fleece gel pad:It raises her seat about one inch and with the gel in and fleece is very comfortable for long journeys!My gf loves this gel seat pad!I would recommend it for your wife and why not and for you..!Also,it is not warm for the summer..!
The large size is good for the fjr..:The installation for the passenger seat is vice versa for a nice fit..(The short in the rear end,and the long in the front of the seat..

http://www.saddlemen.com/products/k2...pad-large.html

2003/ABS FJR
XTZ 750 Super Tenere

Last edited by Mihalis fjr; 06-27-2013 at 10:53 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 09:58 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihalis fjr View Post
I know this is reviving a dead thread but I ordered the pegs from Bruudt as well. It didn't come in 4 days, took roughly a month but coming from Germany I wasn't surprised. He noted on his site that they don't work on the 2016 FJR, but I have a 2016 and they worked for me. My wife hated the seat and seating position, but with these she's much happier. I was initially concerned that it would affect the center stand or that it would put her feet too close to mine or that it would put her feet oo close to the exhaust, but none of those proved to be an issue.
Attached Images
File Type: png Annotation 2020-07-09 094849.png (135.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200709_094355.jpg (220.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200709_094406.jpg (226.9 KB, 9 views)
rbentnail likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Farkle Trainee

Those are pretty cool, and look like they're built well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page