I got it figured guys. Thanks for the help. It was a mind boggler.
The rod wasn't moving much when I applied pressure to the lever. So, I disconnected the bottom of the clutch line from the cover with the piston at the other end of the rod, and found the rod then moved with ease, so the rod was previously stuck pushing the clutch apart, and the piston moved easily now too. Therefore I figured the problem must be on the handlebar with the reservoir and piston up there. It must've been pushing pressure down the line but not releasing it when I let go of the lever. The fluid return passage must've been plugged. So I disassembled it and blew it out with the air compressor, reassembled and reblead it. It felt a little better at first, giving me much hope. So I filled the engine with oil, sprayed the bike down with water to nuetralize any spilled brake fluid, and I rolled her out of the garage. I started her up, put her into first, released the clutch lever and... Nothing.
What the heck!!!
So not knowing why to do next and feeling rather hopeless (as usual lately), I went back and forth putting it in neutral, then in gear and releasing the clutch with the faintest hope that it might just work for no reason. Like looking at a 19 hand in crib, feeling as though if you were to look at it long enough something might change...
And it did. All of a sudden the clutch lever went back to normal and she ran like a top. I don't know what to tell you guys, but she's alive again, and I'm so happy. A little nervous, but happy.