Levers from the2wheels - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Levers from the2wheels

Anyone purchased levers from the2wheels? I placed an order July 7th and received the first "We've received your order!" email and nothing else since. I've emailed them twice in the last 2 weeks and nothing. They said they were in stock so I figured they would be able to box them and send them. I assume the company is in Japan, given the other websites associated with them (which are very NSFW), but who knows. There's no contact information on the website other than [email protected]. I'm about to ask for a refund from Paypal. Just maybe a warning to you guys if you're planning on buying from them?

2007 FJR1300A
2000 BMW K1200LT
1992 Vulcan 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 07:15 PM
FJR Top Gun

you may be lucky if you don't get them from what I'm reading in some of the other threads

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 08:24 PM
Farkle Trainee

Have to be honest, Ferret is probably right. I got some and they don't fit correctly. I was an idiot and waited too long to try them, beyond being able to return them. It's the right part number according to them, but there's no way they're correct. They're just taking up space in my garage right now and I have no idea what they would actually fit.

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 10:55 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I've had 3 different sets on my '07 with no problem. I'd wait it out for delivery.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 12:47 AM
Farkle Trainee

When I ordered my first set I didn't realize I was dealing directly with China until the deal was done. I waited. And waited. And waited. I had written off the money as a lesson in stupidity and then one day they just showed up. They fit pretty well, I was a bit concerned about them at first but after 5 years and 40K miles they are still working fine. The anodizing has become...multi-colored over time but they are overall still pretty dark and I am still happy with them.

I later ordered a set for Pop because the two well known and very expensive brands were always out of stock everyplace I checked. Pop loves them. They fit just fine, look great and feel great.

I have been hearing bad things about them the last couple of years but I was apparently fortunate enough to get mine when they were still doing things more or less right.
rbentnail likes this.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
When I ordered my first set I didn't realize I was dealing directly with China until the deal was done. I waited. And waited. And waited. I had written off the money as a lesson in stupidity and then one day they just showed up.
This is why I pay for everything with Paypal that I can. No issues getting refunds from companies who don't communicate at all.

2007 FJR1300A
2000 BMW K1200LT
1992 Vulcan 500
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 11:06 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
COVID is definitely impacting shipping times, and 1-2 months from China isn't out of the ordinary these days. If you want them, you should wait a bit longer before taking action. I purchased a set a year ago, and had to modify the brake lever slightly for a proper fit. It would activate the brake just slightly in the idle position, so had to drill the small hole a little deeper. I also had to Dremel the activation plate for the micro switch a little to have my brake lights come on as soon as I touch the lever and not only after I pull it a bit.

After these mods I'm pretty happy with them so far - but obviously disappointing that the company cannot make a set that just fits!

2016 ES
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 01:41 PM
Farkle Trainee

In terms of shipping, if it is going through USPS at this point, it is well-known that they are slow as molasses at this point. Some change in management and procedures is apparently causing major delays. I know I have ordered a number of items from outside the US and most are taking f o r e v e r...and a little longer at times. We are all going to have to be p a t i e n t...

With the levers, maybe I just got a bad pair (incorrect levers in the box?), but mine just plain didn't fit and I never got to use them. Other than that they 'looked' fine, but I can only report they never fit on my FJR and they never will. Just don't make the mistake I did and wait until it's too late to do anything about returning them and getting them replaced.
Redfish likes this.

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 05:43 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I did. They were defective and caused clutch slippage. I tossed them in the trash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry07 View Post
Anyone purchased levers from the2wheels? I placed an order July 7th and received the first "We've received your order!" email and nothing else since. I've emailed them twice in the last 2 weeks and nothing. They said they were in stock so I figured they would be able to box them and send them. I assume the company is in Japan, given the other websites associated with them (which are very NSFW), but who knows. There's no contact information on the website other than [email protected]. I'm about to ask for a refund from Paypal. Just maybe a warning to you guys if you're planning on buying from them?
passx likes this.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenk View Post
COVID is definitely impacting shipping times, and 1-2 months from China isn't out of the ordinary these days. If you want them, you should wait a bit longer before taking action. I purchased a set a year ago, and had to modify the brake lever slightly for a proper fit. It would activate the brake just slightly in the idle position, so had to drill the small hole a little deeper. I also had to Dremel the activation plate for the micro switch a little to have my brake lights come on as soon as I touch the lever and not only after I pull it a bit.

After these mods I'm pretty happy with them so far - but obviously disappointing that the company cannot make a set that just fits!
At this point, over a month after ordering them, they haven't communicated that they've shipped or responded to any emails so I'm assuming they just took my money and ran.

2007 FJR1300A
2000 BMW K1200LT
1992 Vulcan 500

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page