Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums - View Single Post - Hello from Moto-Skiveez
View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 PM
Redfish
Farkle Trainee

Okay, I want to revive some interest here and possibly get some feedback from slupcho.

I bought 3 pairs of MotoSkiveez for a long trip recently and I have some thoughts. My 71 year old father and I took a ride on our FJRs from Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Sacramento, California and back. We left May 26th and returned home June 10th. We covered 5800 miles with a low temp of 48F and a high temp of 107F.

I had a pair of the Cruiser and a pair of the Adventure shorts for myself, I gave Pop a pair of the Cruiser shorts.

Without naming competitive brands my normal complaints are:
1. Legs too long.
2. Legs too tight at cuff.
3. Legs too tight at quadriceps.
4. Depending on brand, not supportive enough.

The MotoSkiveez were a HUGE improvement in all those areas.

But... The "Butt Pad" is not a Good Thing. That pad, while it wicked moisture very well, still held moisture in extreme heat. The Butt Pad on the Adventure Short often felt like I had let something slip out and I needed to "check wipe".

My biggest complaint with the Butt Pad is that Pop and I both have Laam Custom seats. The edges of the Butt Pad would overlap the edges of the stock seat but are on top of the support area of the Custom Seat. That led to some discomfort from that edge digging into my (beautifully shaped!) butt cheeks.

If MotoSkiveez decides to build these shorts to fit EXACTLY the way they do now but without the Butt Pad, I am ready to buy. Right Now.

Even as they are, these were the best Motorcycle Underoos I ever tried. And I have paid some good money on several other top rated brands.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome