MCL footpeg lowering brackets - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
MCL footpeg lowering brackets

Today I installed a set of Motorcycle Larry's footpeg lowering brackets. I am just over 6'2" and wear a 34" inseam. I love these!! They are more relaxed and give a wider stable feeling. If you are a rocketman you will not like them. I like cruising the highway and they are great. They drop about 1" and extend out about 1-1/2". The result was very evident. Good job MCL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

What issues were encountered with the shift and brake levers? Did you have any cornering clearence issues?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Farkle Trainee

Surprisingly, I am able to leave the shifter alone for now... upshifts are minimally affected, though I am finding I have to purposely lift the left foot up a pinch more to downshift. Still, it's no big deal.

The brake lever, however, I definitely want to lower another notch or two. Haven't bother to do that quite yet, either.....

Cornering/clearance issue are yet to be determined; lot's of black ice on Washington roads right now, so there's not a whole lot of leaning going on anyway!

My suspicion is that if you tend to treat your FJR like a sportbike, these footpeg lowering brackets are likely to be an issue for you. But for loooooong distance riding/touring, the improvement to knee comfort is quite substantial.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

great pics, thanks for the info. placing my order tonight!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Warchild

Did you have any problems on the brake side? I had to drive the bolt through because of tight tolerances. Also I dropped the brake lever around a 1/2". You are right on the shifting. I am not changing that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjarmitage
Warchild

Did you have any problems on the brake side? I had to drive the bolt through because of tight tolerances.
Yes, I did have problems with hole alignment on the right footpeg. Driving the bolt through is not a good ideal, so I grinded just a couple of cooter hairs off the back of the footpegs until the holes aligned properly.

In fact, I had problems fitting both brackets initially. Here are my observations on the set I received:

Linky ==> Initial MCL Brackets problems

Larry is aware of the right hole alignment issue, and has rectified it, I believe. You should have gotten some email from him, offering to replace the right bracket, and return the old one (he's paying shipping both ways; a stand-up guy!).

I'm waiting on my new right one to arrive; suspect he's probably having them fabricated now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page