TPMS - Fobo vs Garmin - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Farkle Trainee

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlar View Post
I bought these Garmin tpms for some days ago but the sensor for rear wheel is losing the connection.
If i go for a ride for 50km its stops working for 5-10 times and the sensor its offline for cuople of minutes and then its comes back again.
I have changed the battery for new ones and i also have switch place on the sensors but i still having the problem with the rear.

I am in contact with garmin but i have not got some good answer yet.
Wow, pretty much my experience as well. Love the GPS.....TPMS not so much! Have also swapped sensor location and tried new batteries. No change.

2016A FJR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 03:46 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlar View Post
I bought these Garmin tpms for some days ago but the sensor for rear wheel is losing the connection.
If i go for a ride for 50km its stops working for 5-10 times and the sensor its offline for cuople of minutes and then its comes back again.
I have changed the battery for new ones and i also have switch place on the sensors but i still having the problem with the rear.

I am in contact with garmin but i have not got some good answer yet.
Me Three. I haven't contacted Garmin, but pretty disappointed with the frequent warnings of disconnected sensors. Not a showstopper, but quite irritating.
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Training wheels fitted!

In the forum for Bmw LT can you guys read more on this issue the thread is "anyone using a zumo 590LM"
Its looks like Garmin cant solve the problem ,i put an question in this thread..... have to see if someone is answer it.

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 07:26 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Hello guys here is Garmins answer on on the tpms connection issue.....so i should test to turn off all my bluetooth (590Lm,Sony z3
and Sena s3)

"Sensor is disconnected" error
• This may occur momentarily after the TPMS exist suspend mode
o Suspend mode occurs when the bike is not moving (parked) and the zumo is powered off
o After the zumo is powered on and the bike begins moving (TPMS is motion-activated), it may take up to 30 seconds for the sensors to re-pair with the zumo. During that time, the customer may see multiple "Sensor is disconnected" errors
• This will occur if the user is using the zumo on a different vehicle than what the sensors are installed on or if they take the sensors off the bike
• This may occur more often when a customer is using Bluetooth while also paired with TPMS
o Though the message may appear, TPMS connectivity should not actually be affected by Bluetooth usage
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 09:10 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I had one sensor go bad and was replaced under the one year warranty. It started going flaky with connection then just stopped working. I followed Garmin's diagnostic testing and it was determined the sensor had gone bad.
Installation instructions clearly state not to be used with rubber valve stems.

2014 FJR1300ES Metallic Black
I strive for perfection but have settled for less!
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:55 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I'm going to have to see I can still use/hear my Fobo smoothly when I start using my new garmin. Since I already have Fobo, and it works great, I'd really hate to have to spend 140 bucks on sensors after dumping much coin on the 595lm.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Bill, you say you have Fobo. Is that the Fobo Bike TPMS that works with your Smartphone you have? Does the Garmin 595lm that has tire pressure app built into it, are you able to pair up the Garmin to the Fobo TPMS sensors and be able to get tire pressure reading on your Garmin?
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 07:27 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The garmin 595LM supports garmin tpms monitors. I use FOBO. If that tells you anything. Garmin only supports garmin caps. The FOBO is seamless. It alarms (I use a chime) if a tire is below acceptable pressure, above acceptable pressure, or over acceptable temperature. You can leave it up live on iphone and watch pressures and temps, but I don't. It'll let me know if there's a problem. I like being able to see what my pressures are on a cold morning, before I ever leave the house, by simply looking at my apple watch (FOBO's app supports current ios). I've had multiple problems out of my 595LM. It has never worked properly for long (mostly audio/connectivity problems that garmin cannot fix). I'm pleased to say my FOBO has never had a problem.

IBA# 69560

Last edited by Bill Lumberg; 12-06-2017 at 07:46 AM.
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 08:07 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I have the Garmin TPMS now, have to wake up the sensors by moving the bike, but that's pretty easy to do. Fobo seems to be the only one constantly broadcasting, but I'm not sure what that does to battery life. I used to have Doran, and a couple of others, just wanted one with replaceable batteries and integration with the bike, no external devices except the GPS.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 08:53 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I replace the batteries in my FOBO sensors once or twice a year whether they need it or not, and I ride daily. I think all of them require some movement to wake up the sensor. If I didn't own FOBO, when I bought my 595 I would definitely have considered the more expensive but less functional garmin sensors. Same if I didn't own a smartphone. Whatever you choose, it's very nice, and a big safety feature, to have an automated system that warns you when you have a tire problem.

IBA# 69560

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page