Gary Crowley Rack/Backrest, Eagle Screen, Audiovox CC etc - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Gary Crowley Rack/Backrest, Eagle Screen, Audiovox CC etc

I have just received my latest Farkle from Gary Crowley ( [email protected] ), and I must say his backrest/luggage rack is most beautifully made, and it fits the bike and matches the colour to perfection!

My young wife (61 - but I 'm not brave enough to call her OLD!) now finds the FJR1300 is the most comfortable bike she has ever been on. Thanks, Gary.

The backrest is very nicely patterned, but the photo doesn't really do it justice.

Gary also put a lot of time into getting the backrest and rack combination right to suit my needs, as I didn't want to lose the standard grab rails.

I have also fitted an OZ made Eagle Screen http://www.eaglescreens.com.au , which is 4 inces higher and 1 inch lower than standard for the '05 bike, and wider as well. I modelled it on the RIFLE screen, which was too big to get shipped to Australia from the USA. Minimal backpressure, and beautifully protective, so I would would heartily recommend one - particularly for taller riders.

Other farkles include the Audiovox cruise control. It was a bit of a fiddle to fit, but worth every swearword! The mounting bracket and kit came from www.murphskits.com

I almost forgot to mention the Highway Pegs I fitted from [email protected]. They are easy to fit, great to use, and are almost invisible when folded up. You can just see the left one in the full bike photo - look above the side stand.

Cheers
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Now if someone can tell me why the images don't appear, I would be most grateful.....

But now I can answer my own question by pasting the URL into the message, highlighting it, THEN clicking the Img box. It seemed the "system" didn't like me copying the Img tags....

BUT it doesn't seem to work from the FJR Owners Gallery photos. Thanks for the advice RocketDoc, about using www.photobucket.com , and don't forget to drop in and see me on your tour through OZ - I'm only 1000 kilmetres north of Perth in Western Australia!

And so we live and learn - John
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Farkle Trainee

Those are nice farkles....if you want an old persons bike

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Farkle Trainee

just joking. The audiovox is the best farkle I've done except the aftermarket shock
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 PM
fjr
Training wheels fitted!

Nice set up! Could you send some warm weather up this way???
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

You want warm - we got warm. In the middle of a spell of 33 to 36C days (low to mid 90's F) - didn't feel any engine heat because the ambient was so hot anyway. Still, didn't need the evaporative vest just yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page