Garmin Dealers - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

@Bagman: I suppose it makes sense, if we were paying for it in the UK we would be claiming the VAT back on our VAT return anyway, guess as it is another EU country we must have some sort of arrangement where the VAT can be deducted at source.
I'm very familiar with the running of the VAT free export schemes for outside the EU either with the VAT407 over the counter form or being able to ship goods outside the EU VAT free but never come accross being able to export in the EU VAT free. Going to look in to it though, would be a selling point for our business if we could offer VAT free to EU "business" customers.
Anyone on here know how it works?
To get back on topic, aspidshop expect to ship my 2720 today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Farkle Trainee

You can export to any EU customer VAT free as long as they supply a valid VAT No for the country your exporting to, but it must be exported ,not for the country that you are in. Thats it simplisticy(that word doesnt look right) there is a bit more to make sure you do but thats it
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

I got my 2720 with no problem, including City Navigator NT V8 Disk, not had much time to play yet, but one of the first new features I noticed was the ability to insert a full UK post code when searching an address.
Total cost from aspidshop was £568.14 including delivery, not only was the price great but delivery was very fast too, I've waited longer for delivery from UK companies, let alone one in Portugal!! Their prices seem to vary a bit from day to day & of course exchange rates make a difference but I doubt you could buy cheaper.
As for the VAT, I have no idea if any further checking is done other than the VAT checker available from their web site, all that does is confirm that the number you enter is a valid number, doesnt name a company as such. I did use my real number but I would guess any valid number will do; would be interested to hear if anyone trys it??
Right I'm off to load some speed cameras & burger bars into my GPS

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 02:14 AM
FJR Top Gun

I was in International Shipping but I can't remember exactly how it all works.

If you buy something in the UK with VAT, you claim the VAT back don't you?, then apply VAT when you sell in the UK.

If you buy within the EU, it would get messy - so by providing your VAT number to the seller, the seller can then export without accounting for VAT.

The "importer" - you - uses this method for deferred VAT payment.

i.e. you should declare your purchase within your VAT returns and pay the outstanding monies.

I think......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page