Short review of Seat Concept - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Way8lifter

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Short review of Seat Concept

Ok I finally got around to installing the seat concept seat .. 2010 FJR ..with a Sargent seat which seems to be made out of ground diamonds .... Strangely when I removed the Sargent cover and foam it feels
fairly soft to the touch.. but upon closer inspection I feel part of the problem is the compartment built into the seat pan, The manufacturer removed at LEAST an inch of padding around this box... hence less between my but and the seat pan
So as to not suffer the same problem with the Seat Concept foam I did NOT cut out space for the box .. figuring if it caused a bump I could fix that later .
One thing I did do was I added an electric heating element to the seat with a high / low switch ( not hook to electricity yet )
this of coarse caused a small issue with getting the cord through the seat ...it is BARELY noticeable .
I rode 40 miles after install ...without the air hawk or purple pad that I have been using .
The seat s better..maybe not perfect .. but much much softer then the Sargent ..
Negative comment ... very very little spare material .. I watched you tube videos .where when done they had to trim off the excess material ...I had ZERO excess ..in fact would have loved to have an extra inch per side ..one place in particular things were very close to not fitting .
sorry for the bad photos.. my galaxy 9 has issues
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200912_185325.jpg (104.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20200912_185329.jpg (106.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20200912_185337.jpg (87.8 KB, 27 views)
rbentnail and mattemike like this.

2010 FJR 1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 08:42 AM
Farkle Trainee

Thanks for the in depth write up re Seat Concepts. I've tried the stock, Yamaha Comfort & Sargent with my boney a.. the stock works best which isn't saying much. Gonna try the Seat Concepts next.

2019 FJR A
2010 FZ1
1983 Honda Z50
1975 Honda CB400F
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattemike View Post
Thanks for the in depth write up re Seat Concepts. I've tried the stock, Yamaha Comfort & Sargent with my boney a.. the stock works best which isn't saying much. Gonna try the Seat Concepts next.

I truly can recommend the purple pad great 30 $$ investment

2010 FJR 1300

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 01:09 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I bought mine over 4 1/2 years ago. I managed to get in on the 30% off, special intro, group buy. It's not a Russell or a Laam, but even undiscounted, it's a good seat for the money.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 06:49 AM
Farkle Trainee

I bought mine as part of a group buy and although not perfect, IMO, it is a significant upgrade from the stock seat. I think I paid a little over $200 for front and rear. It was well worth it to me.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 09:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

So for clarity, did you install the SC kit in the Sargent seat ?

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

2013 Stone Grey
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblestrip View Post
So for clarity, did you install the SC kit in the Sargent seat ?
well I did strip off the Sargent cover and Foam .. but I did use the Sargent seat pan .. I rode about 20 miles each way to the gym last nigh ..it is better then stock .. But I swear I need more softness..wee will see if the foam cells break own some.. I have not thrown away my Purple Pad nor the Air hawk

2010 FJR 1300
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 08:39 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way8lifter View Post
well I did strip off the Sargent cover and Foam .. but I did use the Sargent seat pan .. I rode about 20 miles each way to the gym last nigh ..it is better then stock .. But I swear I need more softness..wee will see if the foam cells break own some.. I have not thrown away my Purple Pad nor the Air hawk

THIS ^

This is what I mean when I say you can spend a LOT more than the cost of a Russell on patches and sortas.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 08:45 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way8lifter View Post

So I have an Airhawk that I will use occasionally on long days just for some variation. Which Purple Pad are you using?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

airawk was free with the bike .. or bike was free a $3900 air hawk bought the purple pad because it was an 8 week wait TIME FOR THE SEAT to arrive ..and in the mean time went on 5 different 400 plus mile rides ..and several other ones that were 200 plus . and the purple pad was well worth the 39 $$

2010 FJR 1300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page