FJR Owners Forum banner

What's a good smaller tankbag of the clip on type?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Griff557 
#1 ·
I am looking at Givi and SW Motech type's.
Anyone have these and can speak to the quality or usability on the FJR?
Or any other suggestions.
I want small to just carry small stuff.

#2 ·
I've had both, so my biased view... the Motech was a PITA with it's mount and front release, the new EVO one is better and easier to put back on after a gas stop. Still has the front release... meh.
The Givi goes on a plastic mount, can't miss putting it on and release is more convenient at the side.
Check to see how/IF it sags with age and can scuff the tank... put a little protective film on the tank and good to go.

Reactions: FJRChuck
#3 ·
I got this SW Motech bag. I like it because it fits the contour of the tank like it was custom made for an FJR and doesn’t touch the tank. The picture below makes it look larger than it is. Good for holding a bottle of water, sunglasses and other smaller items. Agree with Ray that a side release would be a better design but you get accustomed to it.

Attachments

#4 ·
I have the Motech daypack tank bag it’s a bit spendy by the time you buy the tank ring. I like the size it’s big enough but not so big you overload it and make the bike anymore top heavy and it doesn’t interfere with the bars. I haven’t noticed any issues with the front release or putting the bag on/off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.