Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/)
-   FJR: The Farkling II (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr-farkling-ii/)
-   -   Seat replacement recomendations (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr-farkling-ii/151417-seat-replacement-recomendations.html)

Kevin Hubbs 07-29-2020 10:05 AM

Seat replacement recomendations

2007 FJR replace factory seat

bounce 07-30-2020 08:09 AM

N4HHE 07-30-2020 08:33 AM

No one has replaced the original seat and made things worse.

jjscsix 07-30-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce (Post 1267999)

Bounce is right about this.

passx 07-30-2020 08:37 AM

Personally, I like & have the Seth Laam, not a fan of the Russell looks but either of those 2 are the standard for seating with I believe a slight nod to the Russell.

You can easily spend the same or near the same money on other seats that aren’t as good so just get a Laam or a Russell, downside is that about any of the custom seat makers have a backlog so you’ll have to wait.

The only seat I would recommend staying away from is a Corbin (Corbin sucks!) unless you like sitting on a 2x4 with zero customer service at a more than premium price...... Corbin makes a pretty seat with a comfort level just about as good as the oe azz grinder.

my .02

Rumblestrip 07-30-2020 09:02 AM

Rotella with Yamalube filter and Michelin tires and 93 octane and OEM brake pads and ....

Mopheadama 07-30-2020 11:20 AM

I could not disagree any more about the Corbin seats. I've had several on different bikes over the years and found them to be very comfortable. They are firm but at the end of a long day my butt wants firm instead.

The only drawback I can see to a Corbin on the FJR is you lose the seat height adjustability.

Had Seth Laam build me a seat for the FJR. Did not like it at all. Had a Russell on a ST1300. Did not like it at all. The pocket they put you in does not work for me, BUT I am surely in the minority and may be banned forever for those views.

I will say the Laam seat is very fine craftsmanship and Seth was a pleasure to work with on the phone and he did hold to his ship date for me. Same with the RDL folks. If those seats work for you then the money is well spent.

Currently ride with a Sargent seat front and rear. Bought it for my 08 FJR and now have it on the 14.

Whatever you chose if you have the ride in option for your build I would highly recommend that.

Bill Lumberg 07-30-2020 11:22 AM

Laam. If I couldnít have laam I'd be on a russel.

FjrjrF 07-30-2020 12:14 PM

Really? first post and it is a subject that comes up every week! No search for your first time on the forum? I'm not watching this thread again.

Wyorock 07-30-2020 04:43 PM

I've got a Yamaha Comfort Seat in like new condition (less than 200 miles) I had recent hand surgery and won't be riding for awhile so decided to sell my FJR and will pick up another one next Spring. Asking $195 plus shipping for the seat.