Seat replacement recomendations - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Seats, Seats, Seats

As mentioned elsewhere, seats are very much a personal fit issue. Things to consider include: The quality of the materials used, workmanship, appearance, tilt, padding thickness and height from the ground,, width through your knee area, weight, but most of all, comfort. Like others on this FJR forum, Iíve been through a lot of seats on quite a few bikes. Comfort wise, some work, some donít. Actually, the stock seat on my late model FJR is one of the most comfortable stock seats Iíve owned. Corbin: great workmanship, great appearance, usually well-formed with limited forward tilt, but the seat pan is super heavy and the foam consistency is like sitting on a rock. Firm is one thing, but hard as rock is something else entirely. That alone disqualifies Corbin for me.
passx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-12-2020, 07:30 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Does anyone here have experience using the Saddlemen Stealth Sport Touring seats on a Gen II or III? I would love to know how they compare to the Yamaha Comfort seats.

09FJR1300 AE
post #33 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 10:00 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I had a Saddleman on a previous bike. Hated it. Hard like a Corbin without the style C brings to show-and-shines.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 10:30 AM
Farkle Trainee

My Seat concept new seat I will be shipped out Monday ..hope to have it all installed by friday
BOAN likes this.
post #35 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 05:38 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Seat

What kind of seat does everyone have? I just purchased a Corbin, it states the seat will take 2k miles to break it in, I'm at 1200 now and still makes me sore! Not to pleased!
post #36 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 05:42 PM
Farkle Trainee

I have had a Corbin on my other bike for 20 years and it never softened up any lol. I went with a Seth Laam on the FJR and am very happy.

2016 ES
post #37 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 05:43 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Laam. Love it. It was good when I got it, better after a day. Been great for a whole lot of miles.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #39 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 06:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Corbins don't break in, you do. If I had another one, I'd remove the cover and put a layer of foam, re-install cover. Good seat if properly padded.
passx likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #40 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 07:47 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I had a set of Corbins as they come from Corbin They were too hard. Rode on a set that the owner requested Corbin's open cell foam. Major difference. Very comfortable. I currently have a set that were built with the open cell foam. They are good.

09FJR1300 AE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page