Seat replacement recomendations - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 04:59 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

They are great seats.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 05:03 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Here's some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1668.jpg (143.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0570.JPG (3.67 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1669.jpg (101.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1671.jpg (141.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1672.jpg (137.2 KB, 14 views)
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 06:36 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
They are great seats.
And then there is the Russell. Worst seat ever for me. Corbin was very comfortable. Sargent is similar to the Corbin but it keeps the height adjustment. Yamaha Comfort seat is wonderful to me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OP..... as you can see, no matter who the mfr:

Some people like them, some people don't.

You're never going to get a definitive answer as everyone's butt comfort is different. From the factory seat all the way down the list.
passx and nunia720 like this.

Russ
2007A

post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 07:21 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post

+1. Mr. Bounce is a genius because he agrees with me! Ha ha. I have been using Russell on all my bikes for 35 years. I even have one on my DR650 and over 110,000 on Russell equipped FJRs.
bounce likes this.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 07:49 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I vote skip to the end... two options, Russell or Terry Adcox... very much like a Russell for less $$. My butt currently sits on an Adcox.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 02:18 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I suggest we move this thread to the farkling section, sticky it, and make it the one and only seat inquiry thread.
bounce, FjrjrF and Rumblestrip like this.

Russ
2007A

post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 03:50 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I vote skip to the end... two options, Russell or Terry Adcox... very much like a Russell for less $$. My butt currently sits on an Adcox.
Funny you say this RaYzerman as I liked the Adox too. But the wife did not, so I/we are now on a Russel and I will need to post the Adox for sale soon on this forum.....

Ahhh and the buttts go on and on and on....
passx likes this.

2014 FJR1300 Metallic Red
2005 Goldwing- sold
2003 Goldwing- sold
2005 Shadow- sold
2006 Burgman 650- sold
1998 ST1100-Sold
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 08:07 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopheadama View Post
I could not disagree any more about the Corbin seats. I've had several on different bikes over the years and found them to be very comfortable. They are firm but at the end of a long day my butt wants firm instead.

The only drawback I can see to a Corbin on the FJR is you lose the seat height adjustability.

Had Seth Laam build me a seat for the FJR. Did not like it at all. Had a Russell on a ST1300. Did not like it at all. The pocket they put you in does not work for me, BUT I am surely in the minority and may be banned forever for those views.

I will say the Laam seat is very fine craftsmanship and Seth was a pleasure to work with on the phone and he did hold to his ship date for me. Same with the RDL folks. If those seats work for you then the money is well spent.

Currently ride with a Sargent seat front and rear. Bought it for my 08 FJR and now have it on the 14.

Whatever you chose if you have the ride in option for your build I would highly recommend that.
Mophead, Thatís the one thing about all this, everyoneís arse is different, thatís why there are so many options available to us. I personally have 2 Corbinís, one while hard as a brick is quite comfy (81 cbx) while the other is as bad or worse (80 cbx) than the oe fjr seat, itís about an hour seat. The other Corbin is an all dayer but at the end of the day my butt bones are hurting whereas the Laam doesnít bother me at all. But thatís me ! The corbins are pretty seats.

The thing about Corbin is that if you have a problem like I did with my one seat there is NO customer support, they have your money and couldnít care less about your problem, no help at all ! Corbin SUCKS ! My opinion.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 10:45 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
I have very limited experience on the FJR and numerous seats. However, I purchased a Yamaha Comfort Seat from Partzilla based on cost alone. I saw enough comments through the threads with enough guys that liked it that for from 1/4 to 1/2 the price of some of the custom builds... it was worth a try. I've ridden a few hundred miles on it now and will probably call it a keeper.

My ST1100 has a Corbin that I love. The Comfort Seat is much more plush than the ST's Corbin, which is more firm. I am not sure of what it is made of, but I would guess some of it is some type of memory foam because the Yamaha Comfort Seat will allow a little "settling" for the first 10 or 15 minutes.

3 hours on the stock seat and I was in discomfort. Longest ride on the new Comfort Seat has been 4 hours and I was still OK.
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 05:12 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
My bike, a 03, came with a corbin and stock seat. Corbin was on her when I drove it home. For me if I had to choose between corbin and stock it would be stock all day. CORBIN SUCKS, imho!! Less comfortable for me than stock and too wide for my skinny arse!! It actually took me 2 days of riding before I put the stock seat on just for the heck of it and it felt like a different bike to me, in a good way. Plus the Corbin wouldn't catch the lock easily and if it did the key didn't work to remove it. I would literally have to pry something under the seat while messing with the key to get it to pop. **** some Corbin!! Granted I do not know the model of the corbin nor the stock seat.

Point is, ride your own ride. Suggestions are great but for something like this a simple google, bing, yahoo, msn or even duckduckgo would give you plenty of options~see the correlation?

Anyways, welcome to the Forum. I am new to the FJR as well. Tomorrow will be my 1 week anniversary w/ her. I apologize if I am being a a-hole but I spent the day getting tires off, all fluids changed and swapping the original CCT. Ran out of daylight and still have to button up the CCT of which they sent me the wrong gasket!!! Original is in decent shape tho. I'm rambling.......welcome again. Lots of info here and friendly people that are willing to share their knowledge. Just please just don't ask what gas stations everyone prefers, Shell or BP!!!!
bounce and passx like this.

New to me 2003 FJR1300
2003 Ninja 500

Last edited by nunia720; 08-01-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page