Canyon Cages - Where to Buy From?` - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Canyon Cages - Where to Buy From?`

Hi this is my first post in the forums. Im settling up a deal to buy my first FJR in the coming week. Its a 2016 FJR1300 ES. The bike doesn't have any engine or case protection and so I was looking at the Canyon Cages offered by MC Enterprises USA.

I tried emailing [email protected] for a quote on the following items and even tried calling the number listed on their website, 866-886-2368,but no reply and I get the prerecorded message saying this number has been disconnected.

Does any one know where I can purchase these parts from? Also, I'm in Canada but buying from the US shouldn't be a problem for me as I can ship to one of those places that will bring my shipment over to Canada, if the online vendor doesn't ship to Canada.
  1. #1200-410 Canyon Cage (Yamaha FJR 1300 2013-201
  2. #1200-310 Side Bag Guards (Yamaha FJR 1300 2006-2019)
  3. #225 Foot Pegs w/Clamps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 09:31 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchinsen View Post
Hi this is my first post in the forums. Im settling up a deal to buy my first FJR in the coming week. Its a 2016 FJR1300 ES. The bike doesn't have any engine or case protection and so I was looking at the Canyon Cages offered by MC Enterprises USA.

I tried emailing [email protected] for a quote on the following items and even tried calling the number listed on their website, 866-886-2368,but no reply and I get the prerecorded message saying this number has been disconnected.

Does any one know where I can purchase these parts from? Also, I'm in Canada but buying from the US shouldn't be a problem for me as I can ship to one of those places that will bring my shipment over to Canada, if the online vendor doesn't ship to Canada.
  1. #1200-410 Canyon Cage (Yamaha FJR 1300 2013-201[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif[/IMG]
  2. #1200-310 Side Bag Guards (Yamaha FJR 1300 2006-2019)
  3. #225 Foot Pegs w/Clamps
As far as I’ve read, they are no longer selling their items. Try the ones from Russia on eBay... search “FJR1300 crash” , or go with the TRex ones stateside.

1994 Honda VFR750 custom streetfighter
2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 11:21 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Good luck! You might get lucky and find a set on eBay or sometimes on this forum. They go fast whenever they show up. I do not believe the company makes them anymore.

I bought a set of luggage guards from R-Gaza (that's the russian version mentioned above). I am happy with the look and build. I was holding out on the engine guards until I saw the smaller luggage guards, but will likely buy them now.

I had canyon cages on my previous FJR and looked for a while before moving on the R-Gaza version. Some people also suggest T-Rex, I think.

2018 FJR 1300A
IBA #58793

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 01:52 AM
Farkle Trainee

I have the T-Rex guards fore and aft. I haven't used them for their intended purpose (i.e. no stop 'n' flops) ... yet. Others have put them to use and generally are pleased with the protection they have provided. They appear to be robustly built, and I like the look of them.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

Sete
2018 FJR13ESJ
We've got them right where they want us
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlRiderrr View Post
As far as Iíve read, they are no longer selling their items. Try the ones from Russia on eBay... search ďFJR1300 crashĒ , or go with the TRex ones stateside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjallen View Post
Good luck! You might get lucky and find a set on eBay or sometimes on this forum. They go fast whenever they show up. I do not believe the company makes them anymore.

I bought a set of luggage guards from R-Gaza (that's the russian version mentioned above). I am happy with the look and build. I was holding out on the engine guards until I saw the smaller luggage guards, but will likely buy them now.

I had canyon cages on my previous FJR and looked for a while before moving on the R-Gaza version. Some people also suggest T-Rex, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sete Bond View Post
I have the T-Rex guards fore and aft. I haven't used them for their intended purpose (i.e. no stop 'n' flops) ... yet. Others have put them to use and generally are pleased with the protection they have provided. They appear to be robustly built, and I like the look of them.
Thanks for all your feedback! Much appreciated.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 06:18 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Iíve put t-Rex to the test. Their functionality is great, as is their customer service. Iíve been pleased.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjallen View Post

Hi Tnjallen, do you have a set of highway pegs on your R-Gaza engine guard? This is something I was interested in getting to stretch the legs on those long rides. Are they easy to install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I’ve put t-Rex to the test. Their functionality is great, as is their customer service. I’ve been pleased.
Hi Bill, do you have a set of highway pegs on your T-Rex engine guard? Are they easy to install?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 05:50 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

No. I donít find highway pegs to be something that would benefit the FJR. But T-Rex sells a set for their cages.
Quote:
Hi Tnjallen, do you have a set of highway pegs on your R-Gaza engine guard? This is something I was interested in getting to stretch the legs on those long rides. Are they easy to install?

Hi Bill, do you have a set of highway pegs on your T-Rex engine guard? Are they easy to install?

IBA# 69560
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
No. I donít find highway pegs to be something that would benefit the FJR. But T-Rex sells a set for their cages.
Hi Bill, I am a 6 foot rider and think I may need a set of pegs to stretch the legs out on a long ride. I havent ridden on an FJR for long rides though. if you dont mind me asking, are you a taller rider and dont need pegs because of the seating position on the bike?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 06:50 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I’m 6 feet tall. I don’t use highway pegs on the fjr because of the angle and how close they’d be. I have, however, used and enjoyed peg lowering brackets for long distance rides. Makes a huge difference. For long rides, you just have to stand up periodically, otherwise your knees and Butt are going to get very unhappy. For rides of 1,000 miles or longer, sometimes my knees hurt like I’m getting continuously tased. Not a problem as often if I stand periodically, not a problem at all if I’m running lowering brackets. Regardless, I remove peg feelers. They do nothing but decrease available lean angle, to me.
Quote:
Hi Bill, I am a 6 foot rider and think I may need a set of pegs to stretch the legs out on a long ride. I havent ridden on an FJR for long rides though. if you dont mind me asking, are you a taller rider and dont need pegs because of the seating position on the bike?

IBA# 69560

Last edited by Bill Lumberg; 07-27-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page