Opinions on aftermarket items - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Awesome, I'll go out and check out the CCT right away. I appreciate your guys' feedback on everything else. Thanks!
David Shelton likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 12:38 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Hi David,

I’m 74 and I cannot have claimed to always be gentle with my bikes.
Redfish likes this.

Last edited by John Scottorn; 07-19-2020 at 12:41 PM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 02:50 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scottorn View Post
Hi David,

Iím 74 and I cannot have claimed to always be gentle with my bikes.
LOL thanks for the chuckle John! I can attest to this fellas appreciation of taking his time. Out of the 5 bikes he had in his garage, his favorite and most mileaged bike was his 650 Vstrom. He has rode that bike all over the USA. Last trip was from Danville Ky to Alaska and back. After I got my bike home from purchasing it I was doing a little detailing on it. Got to the gauges and was cleaning away on the speedometer for a couple of minutes and not having any luck. Grabbed the flashlight and realized he had literally taken a fine tip paint pen and made a line about the 62 mph mark and the same length as the red tip of the needle. I quit trying to get it off as I wanted to leave it to remind me of the day I bought it, and how cool he was.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Agree with the concept of having the ecu flashed for the biggest bang for the buck. I did this on the Concours I just sold. It was a far bigger improvement over the Akrapovic slip on muffler. For well over half the cost. Iím getting to the point that I prefer less noise from the exhaust system. Other than the weight savings, there isnít a tremendous power gain. Just my. Two cents
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

I just checked Ivan's site and there is no flash yet for GEN I FJR's.

Robin
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 (sold)
2000 Kawasaki Concours (sold)
...etc.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 06:53 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon Vancura View Post
I may also look into some customization of performance. Is there any recommended air intake mods that people do? And do these bikes take kindly to Power Commanders?
It's not a Harley. There is very little bolt on horsepower to be found.

I have a Series III. By about 10 years into the life cycle of the model, MamaYama has done a pretty good job getting the EFI dialed in, but from most of my reading, FJR riders seem to use the PC to cure rideability problems, not power - or rather, lack of power problems.
bounce likes this.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 07:59 PM
Farkle Trainee

If you want to spend the money on it, get a full exhaust from Delkevic, headers and all, get a K&N filter, and have IVAN flash your ecu for your mods. Gonna be a lot of money for a handful of HP though. Probably not good enough bang for buck, unless you buy a part every so often over time.

1994 Honda VFR750 custom streetfighter
2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 06:18 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Corbin or sargent announced a cooled seat last year for a few bikes. Mostly baggers. I just ordered the corbin seats and backrest with heat. Ill post on how they seem.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 06:44 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I have a 2005 I’m thinking of selling, can I ask how much you paid? Mine has all the goodies installed and just curious what the market is like.
Power commander works well, fork brace, bar risers plus rear off set , Cruise on grip���� Header exhaust pipe but stock mufflers.
Corbin seat, my bike was the mold model and I got them free ��C.Baileys windscreen too

Robert Donahue
San Jose, Ca
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 09:25 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Since an opinion was asked, I'm not a fan of modding. Backyard engineers often just end up creating new issues for themselves... more work, move expense, less seat-time, less enjoyment. Do the necessary bits like the CCT, maybe some LED replacements and a horn add-on** for visibility and audibility, and otherwise leave it alone.

** Do it right or don't do it at all. For example: https://www.r6-forum.com/threads/gui...8/post-5749514

Stock 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6S Blue >60k miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page