Sena 10 question - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 09:38 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffisc View Post
Do you were a helmet liner? That seems to help me keep the buds in places, especially when putting on the helmet.
I shave my head, so i've been wearing helmet liners for years. Theres just something about a snug helmet pushing in on earbuds that bothers me. After awhile I get sore ears as well. I'd be willing to bet you don't get the same 30-32db noise reduction consistently with earbuds that you get with a new pair of foam expanding ear plugs either. That's why even though its quieter, I like hearing the music through the earplugs instead of AS the earplugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4HHE View Post
I have problems with earplugs falling out of my right ear when I turn my head. With earplug inserted I can feel the ear canal change shape when I turn my head. Don't have that problem on the left side.
Lol, my left ear canal is smaller than my right by just a little.

1994 Honda VFR750 custom streetfighter
2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 06:16 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlRiderrr View Post
I shave my head, so i've been wearing helmet liners for years. Theres just something about a snug helmet pushing in on earbuds that bothers me. After awhile I get sore ears as well. I'd be willing to bet you don't get the same 30-32db noise reduction consistently with earbuds that you get with a new pair of foam expanding ear plugs either. That's why even though its quieter, I like hearing the music through the earplugs instead of AS the earplugs.

Look up Radians custom earplugs on Amazon. For around $10 you can make a pair of custom silicone earplugs. Been wearing them for about 6 years now and they beat every other earplug I've tried. YMMV.

Tips if you buy them: The amount of material is a little too much, so after they've cured for a day, use a razor knife and cut off the excess from the back of the earplug so that it's flat and is recessed a little in your ear. I use a drill bit to make a hole through to the tip that sits furthest in your ear so it doesn't create an air-tight seal (which is really annoying while riding) and allows some sound in, especially from helmet mounted speakers, while still blocking wind noise.

2007 FJR1300A
2000 BMW K1200LT
1992 Vulcan 500
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 09:40 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry07 View Post
Look up Radians custom earplugs on Amazon. For around $10 you can make a pair of custom silicone earplugs. Been wearing them for about 6 years now and they beat every other earplug I've tried. YMMV.

Tips if you buy them: The amount of material is a little too much, so after they've cured for a day, use a razor knife and cut off the excess from the back of the earplug so that it's flat and is recessed a little in your ear. I use a drill bit to make a hole through to the tip that sits furthest in your ear so it doesn't create an air-tight seal (which is really annoying while riding) and allows some sound in, especially from helmet mounted speakers, while still blocking wind noise.
Ill check em out

2015 Yamaha FJR1300A

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:

I have very little hair as well. I do have an old helmet liner but I need a new one. What do you use?? And from what I've ridden so far the Sena speakers work OK. At speeds over 50 MPH pretty much useless but "Oh well". And one of my ear canal is smaller than the other one that is why I've stayed with EAR yellow foam plugs. Thanks so much for all your input.

2014 FJR1300 ES
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 07:53 PM
Farkle Trainee

If you want to make it easy on yourself, just get the “Heat out” brand one from your local Cycle Gear, if you have one. Affordable and covers your whole head and ears. Yeah i agree with the wind noise thing. I find the FJR has a fair amount of wind noise because it displaces a lot of air around your body. My naked bike has much less wind noise up until about 90 where it starts to rip your helmet off..lol

2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
If you want to make it easy on yourself, just get the “Heat out” brand one from your local Cycle Gear, if you have one. Affordable and covers your whole head and ears. Yeah i agree with the wind noise thing. I find the FJR has a fair amount of wind noise because it displaces a lot of air around your body. My naked bike has much less wind noise up until about 90 where it starts to rip your helmet off..lol
With my old Honda CBR600F3 when I got over 100 MPH I had a hard time keeping my helmet from moving all over the place.

2014 FJR1300 ES
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 03:54 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikr View Post
Quote:
With my old Honda CBR600F3 when I got over 100 MPH I had a hard time keeping my helmet from moving all over the place.
All the F series CBR’s are top notch in my opinion. Maybe not the CRAZIEST bikes but they are so stable and so consistent that you can keep up with the crazy bikes. I used to have a Hurricane.

I grew up in Fairlee Vt btw

2015 Yamaha FJR1300A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page