Sena 10 question - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
Newer helmets have pockets for the speakers to sit in. I am sure your HJC has them.

You can also experiment with ear plugs for a more comfortable fit. The EXTRA soft ones are best.

A properly installed ear plug should not extend past your tragus. Or very close to it. When inserting the ear plug, reach over the top of your head with your off hand. The pull up on the top of your ear while inserting the plug. This will straighten your ear canal for better insertion.

Wearing earplugs is something you become accustomed to.
I use the yellow foam EAR plugs. Used them at work for years and I do what you said to do to insert them. The speaker pocket on my old HJC is not as deep as I would like (it's 6 years old) so I hope the new i70 is better. Maybe they bother me more now as I am retired and don't use them that often other than riding my FJR.

2014 FJR1300 ES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Got my new HJC i70 helmet and got the Sena 10S all installed. Speaker pockets were deeper than my old HJC so things went smooth. Now just need to get a ride in to test it out but for the next few days the rain has moved in (but we NEED the rain here in VT).

2014 FJR1300 ES
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 12:24 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikr View Post
I use the yellow foam EAR plugs. Used them at work for years and I do what you said to do to insert them. The speaker pocket on my old HJC is not as deep as I would like (it's 6 years old) so I hope the new i70 is better. Maybe they bother me more now as I am retired and don't use them that often other than riding my FJR.
Earplugs come in different stiffness. I can only use the ultra softest ones.

My favorite is Howard-leight max lite low pressure non corded. Hands down the most comfortable foam earplugs.

Professional Mechanic
2014 Yamaha FJR
2001 Suzuki Bandit Highly modified

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
Earplugs come in different stiffness. I can only use the ultra softest ones.

My favorite is Howard-leight max lite low pressure non corded. Hands down the most comfortable foam earplugs.
I'll have to check those out. I tried a lot of different ones while at work. Some never fit right (too loose on one of my ears).

2014 FJR1300 ES

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page