PIAA Extreme White vs. Stockers - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

PIAA Extreme White vs. Stockers

In case anybody was wondering about it...heres a pic of my bike , mid swap from stocker Philips lights to PIAA Extreme White. Since I already have machine gun LED fixtures on the sides, I went standard halogen for less headache and potential frying of ballasts every couple years

Stock on left, PIAA on right

What doesn't show up in the picture, is how the PIAA casts a blue glow inside the whole headlight...looks pretty nuts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5607.jpg (70.8 KB, 42 views)

1994 Honda VFR750 custom streetfighter
2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 11:52 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Once complete, let us know how the visibility is changed. I heard the lights provide a better low beam pattern/coverage.

Thanks
Tom

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------
current ride - 2011 FJR1300A
prior - 2012 Tiger 800, 2005 Nomad, 2005 Concours, 1995 Shadow ACE 1100, 1997 Yamaha Virago 535,
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 12:17 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Smiling a wee bit... hope those PIAA's last..... I'da done the LED's.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat1959 View Post
Once complete, let us know how the visibility is changed. I heard the lights provide a better low beam pattern/coverage.

Thanks
Tom

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
Smiling a wee bit... hope those PIAA's last..... I'da done the LED's.
-It will be hard to tell honestly cause they are mixed in with the big LEDS. You should see the high beams..lol. It’s literally desert safari material.

-If i had been able to find one person saying the LEDS did anything but suck in the stock housings, i would have too! But this way they will both blend in together and I’ll have the best of both worlds!

2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 02:11 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The only way LED's suck in the stock housings is if you bought older ones that don't have the reflector shields to focus the beam properly..... search some of the threads here.... get the F2 LED's, they work great.
The PIAA's have high output, and may not last as long as a regular halogen, of course most of us that have been around a while know that, but you may get lucky. Do the LED's when the next halogen burns out.
2GENAE likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
The only way LED's suck in the stock housings is if you bought older ones that don't have the reflector shields to focus the beam properly..... search some of the threads here.... get the F2 LED's, they work great.
The PIAA's have high output, and may not last as long as a regular halogen, of course most of us that have been around a while know that, but you may get lucky. Do the LED's when the next halogen burns out.
Good to know. Thankfully these were only $45 for two on Amazon. Good middle of the road upgrade in the meantime i suppose. LEDS would look evil af between those spotlights i agree. I wasn’t very thrilled at the lack of space Yamaha left around those lights on such a a huge bike though i have to admit. I’d be a little wary of hot heat sinks in there.

2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 05:46 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlRiderrr View Post
Good to know. Thankfully these were only $45 for two on Amazon. Good middle of the road upgrade in the meantime i suppose. LEDS would look evil af between those spotlights i agree. I wasnít very thrilled at the lack of space Yamaha left around those lights on such a a huge bike though i have to admit. Iíd be a little wary of hot heat sinks in there.
The F2 LEDs are light years (a pun, HA!) beyond any halogen I tried. Some top end white lasted almost 3 months! The F2 LED come with fans.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Quote:
Good to know. Thankfully these were only $45 for two on Amazon. Good middle of the road upgrade in the meantime i suppose. LEDS would look evil af between those spotlights i agree. I wasn’t very thrilled at the lack of space Yamaha left around those lights on such a a huge bike though i have to admit. I’d be a little wary of hot heat sinks in there.
The F2 LEDs are light years (a pun, HA!) beyond any halogen I tried. Some top end white lasted almost 3 months! The F2 LED come with fans.
I’ll look into them. There was enough space for the big “butt” to fit in there?

2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

It looks like there are about 100 brands of f2’s

2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 07:09 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
-It will be hard to tell honestly cause they are mixed in with the big LEDS. You should see the high beams..lol. Itís literally desert safari material.

-If i had been able to find one person saying the LEDS did anything but suck in the stock housings, i would have too! But this way they will both blend in together and Iíll have the best of both worlds!
Second that F2H4 LED are AWESOME vs stock in my 2008. Most complaints were from early LED that were NOT F2 or dual H/L. F2=H/L beam H4=Tab location.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page