Modular helmet opinion - Page 8 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 10:05 AM
Farkle Trainee

I have had a C3 Lite for a year. It has not been a good experience. Make sure you have a Schuberth Head. For me, the helmet was not just uncomfortable but painful. A thicker liner fixed the forehead pain. The liner will need to break in (see Schuberth tattoo). Now, after a year, I am experiencing pain at the crown of my head. It is very localized, finger tip size pressure points at the crown directly above my ears. I love the features but....... make sure its comfortable and fits your head shape. I was a 1954 C-section, who knows what they used to pull me out. I'll be going back to Shoei or HJC as soon as I get out of denial.

2013 FJR1300A #337
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 11:48 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJetRguy View Post
Damir,,, Just added a gallery with some pics of the bike... https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/mem...irst-wrap.html
FJet Thank you for posting additional pictures, GREAT pictures, the orange is spectacular, goes well with gold wheels. Like what you did with Aux lights. A truly "one of a kind FJR" GOOD JOB

I looked all over the Web to find some custom painted FJR's to see how they look when "other then Yamaha stock colors" but couldn't find much. I even photo shopped some variations;
https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/8-f...s-crayola.html

The link you provided doesn't give a choice to "Like or comment" on your bike. You should create a new thread under; "FJR Sport & Touring - Gallery" so everybody can enjoy this fine looking (rare) Orange FJR.

Once my '17ES matte silver gets enough rock chips, I'll be doing my first wrap in pearl orange

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FJR HDR-4.jpg (344.7 KB, 12 views)

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available
post #73 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 11:57 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

post #74 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 09:51 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Bought another spendy helmet (COVID19 and online shopping will cause me to go broke) and added a Shoei Neotec2 to my stable, which also includes an AGV Sport Modular Carbon (glossy). The Neotec2 replaces my apparently ancient Shoei Multitec (2013) for which I was having trouble finding parts (tinted visor and visor hardware – though the hardware I pirated off an old RF700 worked okay).

If anyone is interested in either of these lids, here are my empirically tested comparison findings. My disclaimer is Fit, Fit, Fit: Others’ opinions of a brand/model matters little if the helmet doesn’t fit your pumpkin. (Sorry Schuberth).

Also, attention my Canadian friends: The Neotec2 (in solid colours) is $776CAD from Pete’s Superbike (free shipping), VS $970CAD elsewhere, including FortNine (also free shipping). BTW, Pete’s also has better prices on tires until you add in the cost of shipping. Shipping a set of PR4GT to my location was only $5.00 cheaper from Pete’s (add shipping) compared to the same set from FortNine (free shipping anywhere and $10/pair discount).

AGV Sport Modular VS Shoei Neotec2

AGV good: Lighter, D Rings, higher “bling” factor (applies only to the versions where the carbon weave is visible), field-of-view, Pinlock included.

AGV bad: Noisy (compared to the Neotec2), XXL doesn’t fit in FJR saddlebag, chin room, ear room, sun visor not very dark (though AGV will sell you a darker one) and the lever is difficult to find/use.

Shoei good: Quiet, more chin room, more ear room, cheek pads extend further forward, sun visor and the easy-to-use side-mounted lever, ventilation (specifically the chin bar), Pinlock included.

Shoei bad: XL doesn’t fit in FJR saddlebags, thick cheek pads (but are breaking in nicely), ratchet strap (though it works rather well), zero “bling” factor.

Haynes

2020 Yamaha FJR1300ES
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2006 Yamaha FJR1300A
2000 Honda CBR 1100XX
1999 Honda CBR 1100XX (R.I.P.)
1989 Yamaha FJ1200
1963 Honda CB72
1982 Suzuki GS1100e
1985 Yamaha 750 Virago
1973 Kawasaki S2 350

"I don't want a pickle . . . "

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page