Modular helmet opinion - Page 7 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 09:05 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
Don't know if you can do this with an HJC (I used to hate their visor hinge stuff), but perhaps you can add a thin o-ring to provide some more resistance?
I have tons of o-rings, I might try that out. The HJC hinges are definitely weak and sloppy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 09:51 AM
FJR Top Gun

Hmm I ride with my HJC shield cracked almost 100% of the time. Either 1/4" if it's cold or an inch or more if it's hot..or are you talking about riding with the whole chin bar up? I only do that when in my neighborhood, but it doesn't fall down then.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"

Last edited by the Ferret; 06-11-2020 at 09:53 AM.
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJetRguy View Post
. I just added a small touch to match my bike.
FJ that is one fine looking bike, can you post a few more pictures from different angles pls, good choice on Schuberth 😄

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 02:24 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
Yeah, I bet. I've cracked my visor many times for the same reason. My hjc doesn't stay open, but my scorpions will (under a reasonable speed).
I just refurbished my HJC with a new visor and side plates from revzilla. Huge difference! I guess it wears out over such a long period I never noticed.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 03:59 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
Yeah, I bet. I've cracked my visor many times for the same reason. My hjc doesn't stay open, but my scorpions will (under a reasonable speed).
I just refurbished my HJC with a new visor and side plates from revzilla. Huge difference! I guess it wears out over such a long period I never noticed.
I'm not sure (for me) whether it's worth the money. My HJC has pretty much been given the backup helmet spot because I like my scorpions better.
Been looking at scorpion modulars now.
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 07:18 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I have the C4. I like it, but have had to send it back to Schuberth service center 3 times due to the com. system. I have the C4 Pro Carbon on order.
I've also had the Nolan N104. Great helmet too. They current model for the Nolan N104 is now called N100-5.

I love Modular because sometimes I'll have a chew. Gotta spit. The other thing I like about the C4 or C4 Pro as well as the Nolan is the size of the visor eye ports. They are large and visibility is BEST in class!

About the C4 vs. C4 Pro or C4 Pro Carbon. The reason I have the C4 Pro Carbon on order is because Schuberth made the C4 Pro and C4 Pro Carbon to allow a large size to fit into the smaller of their two shell sizes. The C4 required a large size to fit into the larger of the two shell sizes. The smaller the shell the lesser the noise and the lighter the weight.

Ride safe!
FJRChuck likes this.
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 03:22 PM
Farkle Trainee

New SENA modular helmets with bluetooth Communication system are now available for a WOW price of US$199 wonder if they are any good?

https://mailchi.mp/sena.com/the-outr...e?e=a0c0c1f138

https://youtu.be/98mXhBer4go

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available

Last edited by Damir; 06-18-2020 at 03:32 PM.
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 11:59 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Just bought an LS2 Valliant all. I really like this helmet. The chin bar flips all the way to the back so you can ride as a three-quarter helmet as well as a full face helmet. My previous helmet was a full face scorpion which I loved but needed to upgrade as I had been wearing that helmet for 10 years. I decided to try modular as my wife loves her scorpion GT 920 modular. Only three rides in but very happy so far.
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I got a C3 Pro coming Thursday. I hope its as quiet as they say.
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
FJ that is one fine looking bike, can you post a few more pictures from different angles pls, good choice on Schuberth 😄

Damir,,, Just added a gallery with some pics of the bike... https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/mem...irst-wrap.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page