Rider Footpeg Lowering Brackets - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way8lifter View Post
I have my brackets now .. have not installed them ..will do in a few days.. but like the freeway peg brackets..YOUR INSTRUCTIONS SUCK!!!!!
in this case ..no instructions at all .. for the highway pegs .. just super super bad instructions!!
How freaking difficult is it to type some thing up and print it out and send it off with each order??
Can I figure it out?? YES of coarse buy why should I have to? when the guy who made the **** thing just figured he could NOT help me make it a smooth transition >>
Probably the last time I buy from a small company .. **** I would expect better from a Chinese company 8000 miles away and not speaking english or understanding American culture

Rant OVER
Wow, that’s quite the rant!

I don’t know if you’re complaining about someone’s highway pegs or Murph’s rider footpeg lowering brackets, however I do know that Murph’s brackets do not come with instructions but installation is pretty easy to figure out.

If it was possible I would never buy anything that was Chinese made. I always try to buy “local”, by which I mean from a Canadian or American manufacturer.

I also like buying from small specialty shops. It is especially nice to be able to pick up the phone and talk to the owner/designer/fabricator. I had a real nice chat with Murph. He speaks perfect English with a wonderful southern accent.

Haynes
2GENAE likes this.

2020 Yamaha FJR1300ES
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2006 Yamaha FJR1300A
2000 Honda CBR 1100XX
1999 Honda CBR 1100XX (R.I.P.)
1989 Yamaha FJ1200
1963 Honda CB72
1982 Suzuki GS1100e
1985 Yamaha 750 Virago
1973 Kawasaki S2 350

"Mi ne volas piklon . . . "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 10:18 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynes View Post
Wow, that’s quite the rant!

I don’t know if you’re complaining about someone’s highway pegs or Murph’s rider footpeg lowering brackets, however I do know that Murph’s brackets do not come with instructions but installation is pretty easy to figure out.

If it was possible I would never buy anything that was Chinese made. I always try to buy “local”, by which I mean from a Canadian or American manufacturer.

I also like buying from small specialty shops. It is especially nice to be able to pick up the phone and talk to the owner/designer/fabricator. I had a real nice chat with Murph. He speaks perfect English with a wonderful southern accent.

Haynes
The Highway pegs I speak of are Giruard ?? /..and you said it yourself /" figure it out " ..again ..how tough is it to type out some instructions that dont leave a bunch of people ( this thread ) discussing how to make it work?
Yes I will 10000% figure it out ..I went to automotive tech school in the past and continue to work on my own stuff and other peoples.
the point is customer service ..Murphy gave ZERO by not giving a 1 or two paragraph write up and tossing it in the sandwich bag along with the part he put so much effort into creating
One of my friends just bought an FJR .. not sure I will recommend either company for his farkeling ( and he too is great with a wrench )

2010 FJR 1300 2003 Suzuki bandit 1200
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I remove mine immediately when I get a new bike.
That's probably a good idea, especially if one is installing peg-lowering brackets. Cheaper too!

Haynes

2020 Yamaha FJR1300ES
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2006 Yamaha FJR1300A
2000 Honda CBR 1100XX
1999 Honda CBR 1100XX (R.I.P.)
1989 Yamaha FJ1200
1963 Honda CB72
1982 Suzuki GS1100e
1985 Yamaha 750 Virago
1973 Kawasaki S2 350

"Mi ne volas piklon . . . "

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 01:27 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynes View Post
3 Month Update

I have now had Murph’s lowering brackets on my 2020 FJR for just over 7,000km of riding pleasure and I am VERY pleased with them. Given my left knee issues, if I had been unable to obtain the lowering brackets I was considering selling the bike: it was that painful and limiting to ride without the brackets. I envy those of you (younger, shorter, injury-free) who can ride without them, as I did from 2006-2012, however for my old, long, injured leg (knee) these brackets are perfect. Bit of a work of art too: beautifully machined with a glossy finish. Given my research I’m betting they will fit all generations and models of FJR except possibly the auto-clutch (or whatever Yamaha called it) version.

The FJR Lowering Brackets are now listed on the Murphs’ Kits website at murphskits.com . The price is up a bit at $95.40USD as is the shipping to Canada (now $30USD) however I think they’re still a bargain. These brackets are likely the best accessory I will ever add to the FJR for as I said, without them I might have had to sell the bike.

Haynes

PS to my Canadian friends: The good news is that the exchange rate has improved, to 1.33 from 1.39 when I made my purchase, and remember too that there is no Duty or PST/GST/HST.
I have them on my 2008 AE the USA model of "auto clutch". Gary sold me mine nice guy to deal with.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 03:30 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way8lifter View Post
I have my brackets now .. have not installed them ..will do in a few days.. but like the freeway peg brackets..YOUR INSTRUCTIONS SUCK!!!!!
in this case ..no instructions at all .. for the highway pegs .. just super super bad instructions!!
How freaking difficult is it to type some thing up and print it out and send it off with each order??
Can I figure it out?? YES of coarse buy why should I have to? when the guy who made the **** thing just figured he could NOT help me make it a smooth transition >>
Probably the last time I buy from a small company .. **** I would expect better from a Chinese company 8000 miles away and not speaking english or understanding American culture

Rant OVER
Bend straight ends of cotter pins straight to slide back through the hole, pull looped end of cotter pin out, slide out peg, install appropriate side lowering bracket, reinstall cotter pin, bend cotter pin ends over. Next install foot peg into lowering peg, install bolt and nut.

Next remove brake lever pinch bolt, rotate brake lever TWO ( 2 ) nothes and reinstall

I haven't done shifter side yet, but so far all it took was some common sense, looking at the machine, and coming up with a solution. Spent about 3 minutes and I figured it out. Hope this helps

2005 FJR1300 non abs
Corbin Smuggler
Murph's peg lowering kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page