Delkevic - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Delkevic

Finally decided for a change in sound. Installed a set of 14" Delkevic SS Round SL10's. Easy install and looks good. They give a deep, throaty and....what's the word?.......LOUD sound! They are much louder than I was expecting. And that's with the baffles in! The sounds on You Tube do not compare. That's probably due to a microphone's limiting effect. These babies got a bark to them! Not like the high rev litre bikes, more of a honk. A really powerful honk. As long as I am easy they are acceptable. Haven't had a chance to hit 6k rip em's yet but I know it will howl........I can't wait. Yep, they are loud...but I like them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 05:16 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Any update on how you are liking the Delkevics? I'm considering going after market, sick is just too quiet but I'm not sure I want to get super loud.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 05:21 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Got autocorrected I meant *stock

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 11:30 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanksBarry View Post
Any update on how you are liking the Delkevics? I'm considering going after market, sick is just too quiet but I'm not sure I want to get super loud.
Ive got the 18" ovals, with the DB killers in its almost as quiet as stock, just a little deeper sounding.
passx and ThanksBarry like this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 03:26 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Stock cans allowed me to "sneak up" on folks, which is not good on some of the narrow lanes around here. Dogs, kids and even adults don't look when crossing anymore, so I went with the Delkevics. Ran with the baffle in the 17" tri-ovals and then just decided to run baffle free. Long live "loud" pipes. FWIW, the FJR is NOWHERE near as loud as straight pipes on an American cruiser type bike.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 04:55 PM
Farkle Trainee

spent the budget on other stuff for the bike this year again I think. Sure would like the chrome slash cuts, have heard a set and loved em. Stupid cdn dollar being so low sure doesn't help either, o well maybe next year. If anyone hears of a used set let me know.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 08:39 PM
Training wheels fitted!

The noise frequency from the delkevik pipes on my 05 at low revs resonates really bad inside the helmet and hurt my ears, even with earplugs in.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 09:11 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitbiker420 View Post
The noise frequency from the delkevik pipes on my 05 at low revs resonates really bad inside the helmet and hurt my ears, even with earplugs in.
I had the 18 inch ovals and found them a bit drony.....but I think the ones mentioned here are quite different, i have only heard them briefly on someone elses bike tho
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 02:39 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I went with the 9 inch cans because I wanted a loudish, sporty sounding option. (I am 66 years young) . The stock mufflers are way too sedate for my liking and their appearance is ...well, non-inspiring. I believe the Delkevic chrome cans and tips look terrific on the FJR and I really like the minimalist look. They practically disappear with the side bags installed. After the install I tried baffles in and then out. Baffles out was exactly what i was looking / hearing for! The sound at low RPM is quite mild and leaving my neighborhood early in the morning is not an issue if one keeps the revs low. On a 3500 mile trip to Colorado last Fall, the exhaust was perfect. The glorious sounds reverberating off the cannon walls were intoxicating. My riding buddies said they had never heard a better sounding exhaust. At RPMs north of 7-8K the tones are glorious. Coming off the throttle rapidly will result in small backfire / burbles that sound very nice.

There is some droning at 55-60 MPH that is a bit distracting. At highway speeds of 65-80 MPH the drone disappears completely. I am not sure if the droning would be mitigated by installing the baffles. I do not intend to ever put them in.

For months I evaluated all the exhaust systems out there and watched dozens of YouTube videos in an attempt to find the right exhaust system for me. I found the system and believe I have the perfect combination of sport, sound and appearance for my 2015 FJR 1300ES.
FJRChuck likes this.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 03:39 PM
Farkle Trainee

so do the Delkevic's have to be re-packed after so much run time/miles?

If so - what is that duration.?

hANNAbONE
Versailles, IN
...where hiway 421 & 50 kiss...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page