Delkevic - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 09:54 AM
Training wheels fitted!

If you add slip on do you need to retune the bike? Dyno tune etc...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 10:52 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

All the dyno testers say to, however, my spin.... other things were added/done to fueling at the same time, so they tune to that bike. Then they squeeze out three or four horsepower if you're lucky, at the expense of using more fuel. I would almost bet switching to slip-ons alone does very little and I wouldn't go tuning anything.
hANNAbONE likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Honestly, bot looking for anymore power. Just want a cool sound. The stock just seems so weak and un-intimidating. Not trying to be obnoxious but some beef never hurt

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 01:29 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

My friend owned a shop that had a dyno-jet dyno in it and I was fortunate in that he let me use it a bunch over a couple of years and even invited me down when they had dyno-jet in to do a school. I got to see & experience a lot of different things.

On the slip ons I have the Delkevic 18Ē carbon fibers & quite frankly other than the sound canít tell any difference but I learned that the ďbuttĒ dyno is a really big liar ! 99% of all Aftermarket exhaust actually makes less h-power than the factory stuff and the really good stuff makes about the same or maybe 1-2h-power more. Thatís it ! The big performance gains are the fact that the aftermarket stuff usually weighs significantly less and thatís where they give you more performance. On my 80 cbx one of the oe mufflers weighs as much as the entire 6-1 header for an example.

All the bikes I seen on the dyno from the factory actually were setup pretty rich which is why most header companies will tell you no rejetting is required, Iíd bet the fjr is the same. So if you like the louder sound (the fjr has a very nice deep bass rumble!) and the money to buy enjoy! But there ainít no more performance other than in your brain, itís the. Harley effect, itís loud so it has to be fast !
hANNAbONE likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page