Halocam M1 install - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I like the idea of the switch placement, but wouldn't the left side be better? I mean, in a high stress situation where you need to press the button, wouldn't it be a good idea to keep your hand on the throttle?
You're right - I was so focused on cable management and keeping everything tidy that I didn't consider that. Next time I am doing any work in there/reorg I will move it. One thing I gotta test is... I have a feeling that the microphone is in that part and not the cameras - I have no ideas for sure but I keep meaning to try talking into the cameras and button to test. If so, that will dictate placement too as right now my recordings have a **** of a lot of engine and wind noise.

Current bike: 2015 FJR1300A
Previous bike: 2014 NC750x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 08:10 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Microphone is in the trigger. You don't really *need* to push the trigger ever. It records video all the time there is power to the unit, and all the videos are saved until you run out of storage space, and only then does it start writing over the old ones. If you have a 128GB micro SD card, that would be a very long time.

If you short-press the trigger it saves a still image, plus a 15 sec video (10 sec of video before trigger press, 5 sec of video after trigger press). Nice because it easy to find what it was you thought was interesting at the end of the ride.

If you long-press the trigger, whatever loop is being recorded at that point is marked so that it is never deleted (for when you run out of disk space and it starts writing over itself).

But, if you have an incident/video you want to save, you will almost certainly download the video from the unit as soon as you stop (long before your unit would ever write over a video), which is easily done by connecting to the unit via wifi and copying the video to your phone.

Stephen Kramar
2018 FJR1300A
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 07:35 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Thanks for the awesome documentation o fall this. I got a 2020 last week and will be putting a camera on it eventually. I am not a vlogger, but plan to share videos. That quality looked good to me, but I use cell phone video all the time.

Brian
2020 FJR1300ES | ATGATTCheck out my FJR Video Playlist |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 05:43 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I just got mine installed - what a PITA to pick spots to mount the cameras! I thought about using the Givi bolt on the back like the OP, but that left the little Phillips screw blocked so I'd never be able to loosen/adjust the angle/rotation of the camera. I ended up sticking it on the top of the tail (underneath the rack) as far back as possible. Front camera is under the nose as far to the left as possible - I don't think there's a chance of it contacting the upper fender unless something terrible is happening (and then I won't care, right?).

Where did anyone tap into power? I found switched power at a harness connector on the left side of the bike, near the front deep storage tray (the connector that goes back to the tail/brake lights). I don't *really* want to tap in there, but it sure is a handy location... right next to the "DVR" unit.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 10:33 PM
Farkle Trainee

Dagnabbit!!! Why do you people have to keep posting sh*t that you gotta have after you see it??? Common people, is there no end to farkling???

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 10:44 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximrebel View Post
Common people, is there no end to farkling???
"YES" THERE IS "NO" END
maximrebel and ReRose like this.

"If FJR and VStrom 650XT don't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 FJR/ES
2018 VStrom 650XT
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 11:05 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
"YES" THERE IS "NO" END
I knew the answer btw
Damir likes this.

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 08:19 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

You have this problem. You ask what farkles we have and then you have to keep up. Of course, we are always happy to keep your wallet from overflowing.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 01:22 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximrebel View Post
I knew the answer btw
Max I noticed you sold '13FJR and kept '08FJR, any particular reason ?

p.s. Hey I also sold my '05FJR and '06Goldwing

"If FJR and VStrom 650XT don't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"

2017 FJR/ES
2018 VStrom 650XT
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 09:44 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
Max I noticed you sold '13FJR and kept '08FJR, any particular reason ?

p.s. Hey I also sold my '05FJR and '06Goldwing
Circumstances; I was getting ready to buy a house and needed all loans off my credit at the time; my wife's part-time salary couldn't count towards qualifying for the loan and I needed to make sure we were approved. Sold the '13 to dump the loan, then bought a super clean '08 I found in Arkansas that I liked with many extras that came with the bike that were not installed. That was in 2015; paid about half the cost of a '13 at the time and no loan that way. Miss a few things (cruise control and the dash/menu), but I really made the '08 my own and to my liking. The '08 has been great. I may get another Gen 3 later, but I'm gonna want the slipper clutch and likely the LED lights, so '16 or up. For now I just don't see a reason to do anything, still enjoying this one.

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page