Aux Light Wiring - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 03:23 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
WEll, wires can be ugly, but a necessary evil if mounted under the mirrors... route into the front fairing vents beside the headlights? Pics of what you have might help, and we're full of advice........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman12011 View Post
WEll, wires can be ugly, but a necessary evil if mounted under the mirrors... route into the front fairing vents beside the headlights? Pics of what you have might help, and we're full of advice........
Ray and Aman think alike (possibly twins from different mothers)

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 08:34 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
FJet there is one problem the way you routed your wires, due to free play they have, they will wear out your fairing paint (in your case the wrap).
I had a tethering string to secure my Sony action camera on the front of my C1400 and after only a few hours it made my paint finish dull in one small area where string was rubbing the fairing at speed.

I would suggest you reroute / consolidate all wires into one and enter the fairing behind your Aux lights, (Like Rob did). It will also give you a much cleaner look.
This is how I did mine. The spiral loom is just from the exit from the fairing to the entrance into the light housing. It not only protects the wire but keeps the wiring standing proud instead of getting slack and rubbing something (it may be hard to tell in the photo but it doesn't touch any paint. Grommets protect the wires where they penetrate the fairing panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fjr-piaa.jpg (636.9 KB, 13 views)

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 07:32 AM
Training wheels fitted!

I got it worked out. Talked to a friend riding with a similar setup and he helped me get it straightened out.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 11:02 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simranto09 View Post
I got it worked out. Talked to a friend riding with a similar setup and he helped me get it straightened out.
Care to Share? pictures?

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page