Highway Pegs - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Highway Pegs

I want to get highway pegs for my 2007 fjr. I do not have canyon cages. In old posts I saw some made by Motorcycle Larry. I understand that he is no longer with us. Is there anywhere else I can get similar pegs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 12:53 AM
Farkle Trainee

I believe Garauld makes highway pegs specifically for the FJR. Search this forum for his catalogue of products - superb craftmanship!

Sete
2018 FJR13ESJ
We've got them right where they want us
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 04:23 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I have never understood highway pegs for an fjr. It just doesnít seem like they could be anywhere itís be comfortable to put my foot. I know there just me, but I canít conceptualize it. Iím interested in those Of you that have them and how you use them.

Iíve considered t-Rex, because I know theyíll fit on my t-Rex engine guards. Just not sure Iíll ever use them. And I need to make sure nothing touches at max lean (when theyíre folded away).

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 04:32 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sete Bond View Post
I believe Garauld makes highway pegs specifically for the FJR. Search this forum for his catalogue of products - superb craftmanship!
I had to EDIT/DELETE my first post my Hiway pegs came from Garauld . I am tall and my long legs enjoy them on long rides more so in the summer my knees are outside the fairing and air cools off you thighs etc . I purchased my font lowering peg blocks from Murphs Kit.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 07:59 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I have the Garauld Highway pegs and as stated above they look oe, like they were a factory piece, Gary does good work ! Are they perfect ? No, in my opinion the bars that the pegs attach to need to be about 1” longer to get Them out from the fairing a bit, I talked to Gary about this a bit when I first bought mine and he had legitimate concerns about cornering clearance but I believe extending them out 1” will not cause a problem but I need to mock up the longer bars and verify no clearance issues at max lean angles.

The good thing about using the highway pegs is that it allows me to move my feet around from the normal pegs to the highway pegs to the passenger pegs changing the seated pressure points and as also stated above when on the highway pegs gets air flowing from outside of the fairing to cool your thighs and crotch. I use the heck out of mine and as I stated Gary’s pegs look like they came from the factory installed. Perfect match to the engine paint. Highly recommended !
2014oldred and 2GENAE like this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Last edited by passx; 02-22-2020 at 08:01 AM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 08:18 AM
Farkle Trainee

I have MCL hiway pegs that attach to the engine cases. They are not conducive to actually putting your feet (bottom) on them as the corner of fairing will catch you just below the knee.
The way I use them is by hanging my heels over the pegs and it creates a nice change in position. I often will use only one side or the other separately and rarely more than 10 min or so at a stretch(mostly for a position change) unless slabbing it, which I rarely do.

One side note is that fuel mileage will drop about 3mpg on the instant readout if you have both feet out into any kind of headwind.

I have larger rear peg(boards) and I find it also comfortable to hang my heels on the rear pegs (if no pillion)for a few minutes at a time.
Bill Lumberg, passx and 2GENAE like this.

2014 FJR1300 B(AEO) #290 "Rootbeer metalic"
1999 C10 ( Sold May/16....Goodbye old friend)
2015 DR650

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first and the lessons afterwards"
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 05:20 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
Ö I have larger rear peg(boards) and I find it also comfortable to hang my heels on the rear pegs (if no pillion)for a few minutes at a time.
I have got to try that sometime!

Sete
2018 FJR13ESJ
We've got them right where they want us
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 05:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

I have MCL rear lowering blocks, heat shields and foot boards. I can rest my heel on the rear peg with boards off. Sure makes it nice to have 3 different boot ( size 12) locations with Garauld's Hiway pegs mounted on the engine and Murphs front lowering blocks for the front pegs.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 12:52 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I have never understood highway pegs for an fjr. It just doesnít seem like they could be anywhere itís be comfortable to put my foot. I know there just me, but I canít conceptualize it. Iím interested in those Of you that have them and how you use them.
Iíve considered t-Rex, because I know theyíll fit on my t-Rex engine guards. Just not sure Iíll ever use them. And I need to make sure nothing touches at max lean (when theyíre folded away).
Bill I have them on my TRex guards and to be honest I don't use them all that much (FJR is really not a bike for hwy pegs), BUT they are nice to have should you decide to stretch and change the position once in a while, and it's a welcome farkle if you experience hip cramps, back pain or long seating discomfort etc. No issues with leaning the way I have them mounted, and I can always mount them to be "above" the guard pipe or higher.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181006_182735.jpg (260.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181006_182342.jpg (99.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181006_182540.jpg (123.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181006_183058.jpg (139.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181006_183439.jpg (269.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181006_181727.jpg (156.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181107_184835.jpg (124.5 KB, 16 views)
Bill Lumberg, Sete Bond and 2GENAE like this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 07:48 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
I have them on my TRex guards
Which mounts/pegs are those? I haven't found anything that secures well to the 7/8 T-Rex bars How did you get them to stop spinning on the bars?

Current bike: 2015 FJR1300A
Previous bike: 2014 NC750x

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in