E55NV Admore vs. Givi Brake Light Kit - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

E55NV Admore vs. Givi Brake Light Kit

Curious for those of you that have tried either or/both. I want to add onto my brake lighting with one of the retrofit kits for my top case. From what I've read the QC and fit on the Givi kit is poor and and doesn't make a good connection through the lock all the time. The Admore kit is hardwired and has a strobe function and yellow signal flashers which I like but is almost 3 times the price and I can't find many reviews on them. Also I don't know how bright either kit is. I'm sure at night you could see any of them but most of my riding occurs during the daylight hours.

Links to each kit. And a picture of the bike below.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...vi-e55-topcase

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-e55-top-cases
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7313.jpg (323.7 KB, 11 views)

2007 Yamaha FJR 1300A - Black Cherry
1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD

"I haven't faced death. I've cheated death. I've tricked my way out of death and patted myself on the back for my ingenuity; I know nothing."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 02:17 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I think the Admore's could be brighter, but they are brighter than Givi's. The Givi contact pads corrode and fail to make good contact, but I suspect many leave their top box on and forget to do an annual cleaning... still not that robust though.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

As long as they're bright enough to see in the daytime and reliable is my main concern. Anything I can do to help the cagers notice me the better. Except high-viz gear. I can't bring myself to do it.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD

"I haven't faced death. I've cheated death. I've tricked my way out of death and patted myself on the back for my ingenuity; I know nothing."

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 05:46 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I have flirted with the admore in-case lights. But I don’t find them that bright. I opted for admore’s light bar. Mine has around 100,000 miles on it and still functions like new.

My E55 had factory givi lighting. Glitchy and one of the LED’s failed. Not bright enough to be very visible in the daytime.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I have flirted with the admore in-case lights. But I donít find them that bright. I opted for admoreís light bar. Mine has around 100,000 miles on it and still functions like new.

My E55 had factory givi lighting. Glitchy and one of the LEDís failed. Not bright enough to be very visible in the daytime.
That matches what I have been told more or less. So the Givi kit is off the table. I suppose I could always hook up the Admore kit before installing it and if I'm not impressed with the performance Revzilla is very good with their customer service. Either way that, a seat, and highway pegs are on my to do list after I get my project car wrapped up and that tax return hits.

1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 07:25 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Ditto on the light bar

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/1222801-post11.html
Bill Lumberg likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 09:17 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I suppose I could always hook up the Admore kit before installing it and if I'm not impressed with the performance Revzilla is very good with their customer service.

While I love RevZilla and have had no problems on returns , you might want to review their return policies and/or
discuss with them . Your statement above would seem to disqualify you from any return .

George

2015 FJR1300 A
2010 H-D XR1200 , a Sportster on steroids

I wasn't born here in GA , but I got here as fast as I could !
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepittenger View Post
I suppose I could always hook up the Admore kit before installing it and if I'm not impressed with the performance Revzilla is very good with their customer service.

While I love RevZilla and have had no problems on returns , you might want to review their return policies and/or
discuss with them . Your statement above would seem to disqualify you from any return .

George
It's a plug and play harness from my understanding. My thoughts would be to just plug it in with it just laying on the seat before actually installing it in the trunk.

1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 06:40 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustGutsOG View Post
It's a plug and play harness from my understanding. My thoughts would be to just plug it in with it just laying on the seat before actually installing it in the trunk.
Provided you order the correct part, yes. It is plug and play into the factory lighting harness. The other wiring to aux lighting is not plug and play.

Russ
2007A

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Sounds like I'm committed once I order them. I just wish I could see them in person.

1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page