E55NV Admore vs. Givi Brake Light Kit - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old Today, 03:15 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdunc View Post
Guys, I think the Skene P3s look more factory around the license plate area.
I never have been worried about "looking factory" so much. The gps and phone and handlebar risers and plate and seat and wind screen and grip replacement and peg lowerers and aftermarket exhaust and helmet locks, et al, kinda killed that thought for me from the git-go.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old Today, 03:18 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustGutsOG View Post
I saw that picture. I will likely mount it directly to the tail section instead of to the plate as shown there. I'm pretty handy.
I chose that spot to:

- separate the light bar from the original lighting. I wanted addition lights, not bigger lights;

- use the mounting bracket to angle the light bar up a bit. It took some experimentation but the light bar points at following vehicles instead of straight out.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old Today, 06:28 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

My experience with the Admore Givi kits is mixed.
I got a set for the Missus' NC700XDCT, her first "big" bike, which came with Honda OEM luggage. The Admore kit was the recommended one.
Turns out I was sent a bad "processor", the electronic control that sorts the various signals and sends them to the trunk LEDs. They first insisted I'd wired it wrong but eventually sent a replacement.
The results were underwhelming once I got it to work. In daylight, I felt it was of minimal value. In the dark it did help but wasn't bright enough to be distracting, which is sort of my personal baseline for rear lighting.
Then came my FJR with the E55 Maxia and with Admores inside. Problem was, the dealer's boys were a little too energetic cleaning up the farkles and removed both the bike harness part and the trunk harness, while ignoring the LEDs inside the lens. About $110 worth of parts, that I hesitated to buy.
Along the way, in the Other forum, a guy did a thing about fabricating the controller, a pair of diodes and a resistor, one set per light. I just made up one set and used it to make running and brake lights out of the trunk's LEDs and ignored the turn signal function. I had not been impressed by it anyway on the other bike.
After that, I discovered you can buy some pretty decent LEDs on Ebay at cheap prices, so I ordered a variety and started goofing around with them. I had an old E50 Maxia and ran some strings back and forth under the lens- I'd owned the thing for a couple of decades and never really understood it was made to have lighting in it- and produced a pretty darn nice setup.
I added a couple of strings to the NC's outfit that helped quite a bit.
Soon every trunk in the place was was getting LED-ed up and I never gave another thought to aftermarket kits.
I looked around and can't find that forum link with that fellow's wiring diagram. I will have to look further.

Bill

2009 FJR1300
2000 ZRX1100
1999 ZG1000
2018 Versys 650LT in the hands of the Missus
2004 Suzuki SV650S, also Hers
2006 GSX-R600, mixed ownership
In the avatar: 1966 Velocette Venom Thruxton and 1967 BSA Royal Star.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old Today, 07:00 PM
Farkle Trainee

I just wanted a extra STOP light higher up from the tail light. I looked at light bar kits,DIY etc but I wanted the light higher up so taller trucks ( I live in Texas) can see it better in traffic.YMMV on location of extra rear lights. I just did not care for the looks of add on light bars. Some of them as AWESOME with LEDS with arrows for turns etc etc but I just did not want a aftermarket light bar mounted under my trunk or down on the rear fender lower down.

I always have a trunk on now, got spoiled and needed a larger one then the GIVI V46 I had. Found a deal on Feabay for a GIVI E52 local so no freight, $105.00 later I realized it had a GIVI light kit in it the owner never used and it worked. I had purchased a Admore light kit harness here for half price new last month so I ordered the GIVI connector and harness for my SR 357. Super happy less then $150.00 in a nice looking E52 GIVI that holds both of our large full face helmets with a stop light higher up that can be seen in the daylight.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page