14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Sargent seat for FJR- (thread retitled)

Black Friday sales code: black19

$492 + S/H.

kukablack likes this.

Last edited by spectreman; 12-06-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Ordered mine & saved myself $87!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Ordered Friday, arrived today & will hopefully take for a break-in ride tomorrow! As usual, Sargent was great to deal with- email update after email update to keep me apprised of their progress. Here's hoping it's better than the stock seat for me and my daughter.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Same here. Ordered over the weekend and delivered today. Out of town this week on business. Hopefully will get to test it out on Friday.
spectreman likes this.

2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
1991 Honda Nighthawk 750
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2016 Yamaha FZ-07
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I sold the seat.

I have like new one for GEN 3 in Ontario Canada if anyone if southern Ontario wants one . I used it for about 2 months two years ago and it been on the shelf since , I was thinking 500 cdn for it.

Please delete if this post violates any rules..

Thanks

Herb

2017 FJR1300A
Guelph Ontario

Last edited by Herb Farr; 12-14-2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Seat sold
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Break-in day!

Had to make an 80 mile interstate run down and back (160 miles total) and am happy to report the seat proved fantastic for me. Note I said "for me"- YMMV. While I never found the OE FJR seat horrific, I could only last about an hour before the serious squirming started. I think I have now figured out the "why?"

With the OE seat, I always felt like I was riding ON the motorcycle. There's a definite build-up to the top of the curve of the bike's seat which caused pressure to the sitz bones and that's what caused the discomfort.

But with the Sargent seat, it's kinda like the seating area is scooped out so you now sit IN the motorcycle, not ON. This scooped area cuddles the butt and there's no sliding into the tank with your private parts. Of course, the cut, shape and density of the Sargent foams are also different than what the OE seat offers. All I know is there is real magic there for my hindquarters.

Of course, the serious measure of a seat occurs when you don't even notice it, and that is what the Sargent seat for the FJR has accomplished. I was immediately more comfortable on it, no break-in required- zero, zilch, nada- and could've easily gone a full tank w/out stopping, if necessary.

So winner-winner chicken dinner for the Sargent seat.

Now, having said all that, let me also disclose that this was not my first Sargent seat- it's probably #5 or 6. Of those, I've only had one Sargent seat that didn't work well for me and that one was purchased for my Ninja 1000.

I've also had seats modded by a local auto upholstery shop and had Spencer, from "GreatDaytoRide.com", alter a few others. None, however, have EVER matched the level of immediate comfort I experienced today, with this bike and this seat. Kudos to Sargent!

I'm thinking I might send my OE seat to Spencer and see if he could mimic the cut/style of the Sargent, especially the scoop. If he could, that would be a much less expensive route to go, as between costs, shipping and handling, Spencer does some great work for under $200. But that's another project for another day.
Lee

Last edited by spectreman; 12-04-2019 at 06:50 PM.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

doesn't the $500 range get you a new Russell Day Long..?

I'm gonna hafta check their website again.
bounce likes this.

hANNAbONE
Versailles, IN
...where hiway 421 & 50 kiss...
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Don't know, don't care. You wanna buy a Russell, be my guest. Me, I wanted a Sargent.
Lee
2GENAE likes this.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Put my new Sargent on Thursday evening for a ride I had to make north off Spartanburg for a business meeting. Had a puncture in the rear. Glad I carry a repair kit. Got to the exit of the customer site to change clothes and found out they had cancelled the meeting. So almost 400 miles on the new saddle. I found it comfortable, but it is wider so I had to use it on the lower position. I only have a 30 in. inseam but found the stock saddle better on the higher setting - allowed my legs to be in a better position and I could push back on to the passenger cushion to adjust positions. The Sargent took that away. There is really only one position - no more adjusting fore or aft. Not sure if I like that. Probably would have to go to the yamaha comfort saddle to regain that option with a little comfort added.

2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
1991 Honda Nighthawk 750
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page