Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/)
-   FJR: The Farkling II (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr-farkling-ii/)
-   -   Tired of dropping your gloves (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr-farkling-ii/147469-tired-dropping-your-gloves.html)

Damir 07-09-2019 12:22 AM

Tired of dropping your gloves

1 Attachment(s)
Tired of dropping your gloves at the gas station, drive through, pay booth etc
I used two strips of "fuzzy half of velcro" with the glue sticky back (fuzzy half is easier to clean, wash and dry then the velcro half with hooks)

the Ferret 07-09-2019 07:48 AM

LOL clever. I just stick mine together up on the dash in the windshield

FjrjrF 07-09-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damir (Post 1217061)
I used two strips of "fuzzy half of velcro" with the glue sticky back (fuzzy half is easier to clean, wash and dry then the velcro half with hooks)

That's so when the husband comes home early, Damir already has his gloves ready! LOL >:) You should have bought bigger size gloves and velcro'ed them to the grips! HaHa

philharmonic 07-09-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Good idea, though a lot of guys cover most of their tank with clear soft plastic material to keep from ever having a scratch, so I don't guess they are going to stick that velcro on there.

Since I also now have an FJR "dash shelf", that makes for a secure place to tuck the gloves in for a moment or two.

R!der 07-09-2019 10:47 AM

I usually toss them on the ignition, between the bars. I usually drop them when I'm fiddling with them to put them on or I've just taken them off.

Tempted to tie a string to each one long enough to route through my sleeves, like my snow gloves when a kid.

Damir 07-09-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FjrjrF (Post 1217127)
Quote:

That's so when the husband comes home early, Damir already has his gloves ready! LOL [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FJROwners_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG] You should have bought bigger size gloves and velcro'ed them to the grips! HaHa

Ha ha that's right, every second counts, I even keep my boots on 🤣

D-Dub 07-10-2019 06:49 PM

My mom still sews mine to my jacket sleeves.

jtdunc 07-10-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R!der (Post 1217135)
I usually toss them on the ignition, between the bars. I usually drop them when I'm fiddling with them to put them on or I've just taken them off.

Tempted to tie a string to each one long enough to route through my sleeves, like my snow gloves when a kid.

Me too!

FjrjrF 07-11-2019 01:54 PM

One thing holds true.... If you ever drop your gloves while sitting on the bike, NEVER lean over to pick them up! You'll be the first to be killed by your own FJR using your cranium as crash protection.

Bill Lumberg 07-11-2019 04:28 PM

Yikes. I’ve picked mine up while sitting on the bike many times. Good advice though.