post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
MC Enterprises closing!

MCE Closing!

Phil Parker
Kawasaki Concours 14 / 1400GTR Enthusiasts
Admin tag News

LAST CHANCE TO GET CANYON CAGE & SADDLE BAG GUARDS FROM MC ENTERPRISES.

With deep regret, I want to notify all of you that MC Enterprises is closing their doors after an amazing near 50 year run. MC Enterprises has long been known for making the well know Canyon Gage Crash Bars and used on almost every Concours 14 and FJR police bike in the world.

I caught wind of this after one of the guys here asked for a contact there, and he became aware of their situation, so I reached out to Ryan Nichols. Ryan has worked for them for 12 years and a long time member of this group. Hes supported so many in this group over the years and what I consider the perfect representative of the company - always respectful of the group and always willing to offer help.

Ryan responded to me immediately on the news and was sad that the news was true, and said, I really enjoyed talking to and working with the Concours and FJR community specifically.

Hearing that he was staying on to clear inventory, I offered to help by posting the news and to say, if anyone was thinking about buying Canyon Cage front crash (tip bars), saddle bag guards, and or highway pegs, now is the last chance to get them !!. When theyre gone - theyre gone for good.

You can reach out to Ryan at is work email: [email protected]

Their general emails are being forwarded to him as well. They include: [email protected] and [email protected]

With that, it saddens me that another very reputable vendor will be gone. Again - I want to say thank you to Ryan and the folks at MC Enterprises for doing such a fantastic job to our market. Thank you.

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
1953 Vincent C Rapide

Certified JB Welder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Sad. I fear much like Harleys the FJR/Concourse demographic is mature guys not being replaced by the younguns. There has been a lot in the news lately about Harley big quarterly earnings miss. Also the fact that the younger generation appears to be looking for "cheap transportation" in a bike, not recreation. Harley's $30k live wire is just nuts. They would do better with disabled scooters.
FJRChuck and cra-z1 like this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:16 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Dang, sad to hear. Love my MC Ent. Canyon Cage bars and guards.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 10:32 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Been. Buying their stuff for years, still have a MC Enterprises luggage rack on my 76 g-wing, sad to see them go.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 11:22 PM
Farkle Trainee

I sent Ryan an email and he quickly replied... YES! He actually did have few units of GEN1 FJR Saddlebag Guards in stock! (I was very surprised).

Yessir! I'll take one! $145 shipped and ETA is tomorrow via USPS.
Regards,
Mr. BR
'05 FJR

San Jose, CA

Update: Bars arrived today (pic attached)... dang, these things are solid and the build quiality is great! Will install this weekend. Btw, Ryan says they still have a few Canyon Cages and Saddlebag guards for GEN1 only.... unfortunately, the GEN2/3 stock is all gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FJR bag bars.JPG (130.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Mr. BR; 02-07-2019 at 09:08 PM. Reason: purchase update
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 12:19 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Ryan and MCEnterprises have been a pleasure to deal with and I hate to see them go. Ryan was always sooo responsive to queries and the MCEnterprises parts have always been first class.
bounce likes this.

Eric

2012 FJR 1300A
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:15 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Calll them if you need something, but there are still a few Canyon Cages at various places on eBay......

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Gen 1 Canyon Cages still available from MC Enterprises.

Since their website is still up, I contacted MC Enterprises on the off chance they found some Gen 3 cages lurking in the corner that had been overlooked.

Ryan replied (very quickly) the website will stay up until the remaining inventory is gone. They still have a couple Gen 1 sets available if anyone is looking.

I only asked about FJR items. There may be other model items available, contact them directly.

Ryan Nichols
MCE
[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page