2017 ES Skene P3 strobe brake lights + Back Off module - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 08:56 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Bill, not a lot of harm using Positaps, but other solutions.... Admore harness provides lighting circuits (or switched power), or an aux. fuse panel (that needs that same switched power).. depending on what lighting you get, it MAY come with a relay and switch harness, however, if low draw, no prob. wiring direct.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 03:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Anything we can do to increase our visual footprint on the road to be seen.
Damir and Sete Bond like this.

2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800A (Current), 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A (Former), 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R Ninja (Former)
ATGATT - My Safety Gear Has Saved Me Twice!
Seattle/Eastside - Pacific Northwest Outdoorsman (Salmon & Shellfish)
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdunc View Post
Anything we can do to increase our visual footprint on the road to be seen.
Agreed, I am running my '17ES super bright LED High beams during daytime, plus the four Aux LED's just in case

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 08:23 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I found a marked increase in notice-ability from wearing hi-viz clothing. Bright orange and lime green seem the most effective. It seems especially helpful in towns and cities where people are more tense and/or in a rush. Maybe it's all in my head but folks seem to be waiting instead of pulling out.
Sete Bond likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 12:47 AM
Farkle Trainee

Why Skene P3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
Installed Skene P3 strobe brake lights + Back Off module on my '17 ES. ...
Damir, I'm thinking of adding some rear facing LEDs - preferably brake and turn signals - to my FJR. I'm wondering why you chose the Skene P3 lights over other options (HyperLites, etc.). Are the Skene LEDs brighter, or easier to install, or a better size for where you placed them, or Ö.?

Just curious. Thank you!

Sete
2018 FJR13ESJ
We've got them right where they want us
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sete Bond View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
Installed Skene P3 strobe brake lights + Back Off module on my '17 ES. ...
Damir, I'm thinking of adding some rear facing LEDs - preferably brake and turn signals - to my FJR. I'm wondering why you chose the Skene P3 lights over other options (HyperLites, etc.). Are the Skene LEDs brighter, or easier to install, or a better size for where you placed them, or ….?

Just curious. Thank you!
Sete, I just happened to have Skene's installed on each side of my licence plate as intended by manufacturer, but didn't like the look. They are perfect size to fit instead of that little square red reflector.
I am sure most other brands will work just fine.

There are also some "bicycle" high tech (and i don't mean Walmart cheap stuff) USB rechargeable LED modules that are super bright and programmable, and some come with wireless remote, which would work great for people that are taking panniers on and off and don't like to fiddle with wires. Some last for 5-20 hrs, and have built in "smart breaking" feature to come on under breaking, so that's another way to do it.

Also available are some "laser red" modules that you mount at the rear and they project highly visible red lines or patterns on the pavement behind your bike (cca 5-10ft behind). Especially visible during fog, kind of effects they use at rock concerts. Again stay away from the cheap ones. These modules are small and very adjustable so maybe they can be pointed to shine the laser beam towards your pannier reflective decals. (Warning, You'll have to check the regulations, since shining laser lights toward others is punishable by law and dangerous thing)

Many, many ways to decorate your bike and make it more visible. Cheers

here is a cheap laser version:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3280...3-88d2f6787e66

Sete Bond likes this.

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available

Last edited by Damir; 03-26-2020 at 10:01 AM.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 12:38 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Why choose the Skene's?

Skene's "flicker" technology and ease of installation:

Have them on the front and rears of ALL of my motorcycles.
Sete Bond likes this.

2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800A (Current), 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A (Former), 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R Ninja (Former)
ATGATT - My Safety Gear Has Saved Me Twice!
Seattle/Eastside - Pacific Northwest Outdoorsman (Salmon & Shellfish)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page