Gen I, II and III Helmet Lock Brackets are now available - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Gen I, II and III Helmet Lock Brackets are now available

With the introduction of the new Gen III bike, helmet lock brackets (which utilize either a Helmet Guardian lock assembly or genuine Yamaha lock assembly) is now available. The Gen II brackets (with the optional tab for BMW style electrical outlets) DO fit the Gen III bikes. Gen I bike brackets are available.

If interested, please e-mail me direct at [email protected] PLEASE mention in the header: FJR lock brackets as well as the year bike. Iíll forward additional pictures, option, order form, etc.

Thanks, Scott

Below are pictures of a 2013 FJR with the lock assemblies installed (no outlets).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Helmet Lock brackets

Some pictures that got deleted in the first post:

Gen 1, right side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LS no outlet.jpg (172.1 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg RS no outlet.jpg (180.7 KB, 76 views)

Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Additonal pictures

As requested, some pictures of helmets securred to the lock assemblies. Pic's are of both an 2007 model and 2013 model. Brackets install at the same place on both bikes:

Please click on the image for a close up view.

Thanks Scott

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121204_184311.jpg (196.6 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg LS w helmet.JPG (192.4 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg LS w helmet #2.JPG (179.3 KB, 141 views)

Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-01-2013 at 12:51 PM.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
2014 model update

Ok Guys (and gals).

With the help of a fellow FJR rider, we have confirmed the RIGHT SIDE bracket for the 2013 will fit ALL 2014 MODELS.

***For the LEFT SIDE, the ES MODEL ONLY, (with the new shock hardware), the CURRENT Left Side helmet lock bracket will NOT FIT the 2014 model

The STANDARD 2014, LEFT SIDE should be same as the '13 however I have yet to confirm that.

Another member is also helping with checking the fitment of an alternate, LOCK ONLY bracket of the ES version (similar to the Gen I), more to follow.

Pic of a 2014 bike (ES model):

Scott

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 01-07-2014 at 06:43 AM.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
2014 ES, LEFT SIDE lock bracket

After a month or so with MUCH help of another 2014 ES owner (and alot of shipping protoypes for test fitting), we have come up with a left side LOCK BRACKET ONLY (NO electrical outlets). It resides at about the location as the previous helmet lock brackets..(see below pic)

We are still working out some bugs, re electrical connectors on the Dual, RIGHT SIDE, outlet bracket (space issues with the electronic rear shock).

Once that's sorted, ES left side brackets will be available. The standard 2014 model accepts the previous lock brackets (this is SPECIFIC to the ES LEFT SIDE). I will post when their available.

BTW, with the simpler design, I was able to cut the cost down to $24.00 (plus shipping).

Scott

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
What is the purpose of the electrical outlet incorporated into the helmet lock?

How much would a set be for my 2013 A model

Present Love: The Gray Ghost '13 Gen III

The only dumb question is the unasked question!
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
What is the purpose of the electrical outlet incorporated into the helmet lock?

How much would a set be for my 2013 A model

The outlet is commonly used for easy electrical access for air compressors, battery chargers, electrical clothing. I mostly used mine for electrical clothing as the cord (from your vest) would run down your side and plug is vs plugging somewhere up from, flopping about the tank, etc). Also, if you forget to un-plug when dismounting, the cord simply pops out, no damage to the bike (or you).

The 2014 ES MODEL left side is now available. The ES suspended bike has made some major changes/challenges in the area's my brackets attach to.

Almost done testing is a left side, 2014 ES MODEL bracket WITH a single electrical outlet tab:

Re ordering the bracket(s), (I do NOT SELL the locks), for your 2013 model, there are 6 different styles (different prices).

Please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] . PLEASE POST in the header 2013 FJR (so it doesn't get deleted as spam).

ALSO, I am offering FREE SHIPPING IN THE lower 48 US for the month of February, 2014.

Thanks, Scott

Scott

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-16-2014 at 01:23 PM.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
For the 2014 ES (and standard 2014), a lock only and a lock with optional electrical tab (for a BMW style Powerlet outlet) is NOW available in frame matching silver metallic (for the LEFT SIDE):

Right side:

Please e-mail me direct at [email protected] for additional pictures, links, order form etc, if interested. Please mention in the header FJR (so it doesn't get deleted as spam). Helmet lock brackets are also available for ALL year FJR's as well.

Thanks, Scott

Scott

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-03-2014 at 07:45 AM.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Scott is awesome. So is the lock.

I feel compelled to bump the thread to thank Scott publicly for his quick service and helpful advice, and for having put together a great product. The first time I had to carry my helmet from bike to office I thought, "Nope, bike needs a lock for this thing," and am happy to report my good fortune at having stumbled upon Scott's offer.

2014 FJR1300, 2005 FZ1

Last edited by olkritter; 05-07-2014 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Add bike description.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by olkritter View Post
I feel compelled to bump the thread to thank Scott publicly for his quick service and helpful advice, and for having put together a great product. The first time I had to carry my helmet from bike to office I thought, "Nope, bike needs a lock for this thing," and am happy to report my good fortune at having stumbled upon Scott's offer.

2014 FJR1300, 2005 FZ1
Thank you for your kind words (and business too!)

Obviously, all FJR brackets are available (and other bikes) and will be (its a hobby for me) as long as I'm breathing. I do get e-mails asking if their still available, they are!!

Actually, you have the first non ES left side, single outlet bracket, (same as the other gen II and gen III brackets:

Hope you don't mind the use of YOUR picture/bike, its the only one have of the '14 model

Scott

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-07-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page