Gen I, II and III Helmet Lock Brackets are now available - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via AIM to lagain
Unfortunately, looking at the pictures, it seems that the lock goes through the chin strap.
I went to a show a couple of years ago and left my helmet on the seat with a flexible and very strong, lock going through the visor opening and around the rear grab handles. After a couple of hours I went back to my bike and my helmet was still sitting there. Unlike the two lads who had left their expensive helmets on a chin strap buckle 'lock'. A low life had just cut the straps and made off with the helmets.

Past bikes; Honda 50 Suzuki 50 Yam XS250 Yam XJ650 Yam XJ 900 Honda CX650 Turbo Yam FJ1100 Yam FJ1200 (2) Honda ST1100 (2) Yam FJR1300 (5) 670,000 miles !

Current FJR 2018 AE in Support Stocking Grey - yuk
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagain View Post
Unfortunately, looking at the pictures, it seems that the lock goes through the chin strap.

The locks are designed to use the "D" rings in the chin strap.

Should someone cut the chin strap, the helmet is useless...

Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
The locks are designed to use the "D" rings in the chin strap.

Should someone cut the chin strap, the helmet is useless...

That is exactly what happened to the two lads I met at the show. If there is a soft fabric strap left it is easy enough to fit a new buckle with a needle and thread. Here in the UK and probably in the US there is a problem with teenage crooks stealing mopeds, they are hardly likely to worry about the buckle on a helmet. The only safe way to leave a helmet on a bike is a flexible high security lock through the visor opening and through the grab handles or wheel.
And take the visor with you or they will have that !

Past bikes; Honda 50 Suzuki 50 Yam XS250 Yam XJ650 Yam XJ 900 Honda CX650 Turbo Yam FJ1100 Yam FJ1200 (2) Honda ST1100 (2) Yam FJR1300 (5) 670,000 miles !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 06:48 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagain View Post
That is exactly what happened to the two lads I met at the show. If there is a soft fabric strap left it is easy enough to fit a new buckle with a needle and thread. Here in the UK and probably in the US there is a problem with teenage crooks stealing mopeds, they are hardly likely to worry about the buckle on a helmet. The only safe way to leave a helmet on a bike is a flexible high security lock through the visor opening and through the grab handles or wheel.
And take the visor with you or they will have that !
Why you gotta continue to piss on someone else's parade? Use them if you want, don't if you don't.

In all of my travels I've used them regularly and never once have I had a helmet or a visor stolen. In fact, I used one yesterday and lo & behold, God Almighty be praised, my helmet is still there.

Russ
2007A

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Why you gotta continue to piss on someone else's parade? Use them if you want, don't if you don't.

In all of my travels I've used them regularly and never once have I had a helmet or a visor stolen. In fact, I used one yesterday and lo & behold, God Almighty be praised, my helmet is still there.
There is no need to be offensive
All I have done is post my experience. The two lads helmets were fixed to their bikes exactly as shown in the picture. The straps were cut and the helmets stolen - that is absolute fact and they were distraught. No, it will not happen every time you go out, but sooner or later it may and the best way to avoid your helmet being stolen is to secure it properly.

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 06:45 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Precisely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post

TownsendsFJR1300 likes this.

No commercials. No dictators.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 11:38 PM
Farkle Trainee

First time I have ever read/heard of anyone ever having their visor stolen?? Never would have thought anyone would go to that much trouble.

My Schuberth helmet has no D rings and I on occasion cable lock it but not often. So far after 40yrs of riding ,I have not had my gear messed with. (looking for a block of wood to knock on)
Bill Lumberg likes this.

2014 FJR1300 B(AEO) #290 "Rootbeer metalic"
1999 C10 ( Sold May/16....Goodbye old friend)
2015 DR650

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first and the lessons afterwards"
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
What I find "funny" is Yamaha has been using these EXACT LOCKs for literally decades...

All of a sudden, their useless....???

I just design and make a bracket to attach THESE locks to the FJR W/O any mods.

Anyway, some pic's with the additional electrical tab for BMW style outlet (for heated clothing, battery chargers, air compressors, etc):

ES model:
Bill Lumberg likes this.

Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-10-2018 at 06:44 AM.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 07:37 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Scott, I mustíve missed something since iím Sure youíve probably posted it sometime/someplace since theyíve been posted many times but anyway,,, how much are these ?

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Scott, I mustíve missed something since iím Sure youíve probably posted it sometime/someplace since theyíve been posted many times but anyway,,, how much are these ?
There's 6 versions for your bike (3 each side, no outlet, one outlet, two outlet tabs).

From $24-(no tabs) to $33 (double tabs) each, lock NOT included. Yamaha part # included so you get the correct assembly (to key the same as your ignition key).

For options, please e-mail me direct at [email protected] for options, prices, links, instructions, etc. PLEASE put the year FJR in the header in the e-mail so I don't delete it as spam...

Thanks..

Scott

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page