After market clutch/brake levers - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I've got a set of black levers from Mad Scientist Moto and like it a lot.
http://madscientistmoto.com/product/f16c777-4/

2016 FJR1300A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:18 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I have a set of Pazzo silver "long" if anyone wants them... $50 shipped, can go out USPS May 30 when I cross the border next.
Ok, I'll bite. PM incoming.
RaYzerman likes this.

Ride it like you stole it, clean it like you own it
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 07:27 AM
Farkle Trainee

I donít have aftermarket levers on my FJR yet, but Iíve had plenty of sets on my various other bikes over the years. Hands down, the best levers our there for the ultimate In adjustability are ASV. CRG comes in 2nd place; theyíre excellent as well but donít have the adjustability the ASV levers do.

FWIW, there have been some reports of cheap levers not 100% disengaging the front brake, keeping some pressure on the pistons. As a result, guys were boiling their brakes. A few had their front brakes lock up while riding as the brakes overheated.

2008 Gen II
When I was a track-a-holic on my R1 & R6, I used to think that the FJR was an old man's bike. Then I got one and absolutely love it. Hey...wait a minute!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Have black Pazzo's that were on my '09 for 5 years and just moved over to my new (to me) 2013... love 'em!
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:36 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Pazzo's were not an option for me due to their price. I found the "7 CLICK GP Adjustable Lever Set For Yamaha" from 2wheels.com to make the friction zone easier to control in slow speed maneuvering. I assume this is due to the lever adjustability. I used them on my old FJ-09, then bought them for my FJR and have been very pleased. Also bought a set for my wife's Honda CTX- 700 and she likes them better than stock. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks for delivery from Hong Kong. Impressive packaging.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 03:36 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I put long Pazzo's on my Triumph years ago and loved them ever since. My new-to-me '15 ES came with Pazzo shorty's... I went on one long ride with them but didn't think I loved them. I decided to try some cheap Pazzo-knockoff longs from Ebay (MZS brand). They're on the bike, but I haven't had a chance to do a long ride with them yet.

Looks wise they are comparable to the Pazzo's, but quality wise they aren't as nice. The cheap ones are floppy up-and-down in the perches on the bike... I don't remember the Pazzo's doing that.

They're a lot cheaper than Pazzo's so I'll ride with them and see what I think.... If I like them but the floppiness annoys me I might upgrade to some Pazzo's.

2015 FJR1300 ES
2005 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Triumph Bonneville (Custom Cafe)
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I like the short brake lever but realized I prefer a long clutch lever. Unfortunately they only sell matched pairs.

If anybody wants just my short clutch lever, $20 shipped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190604_141735_1559675999753.jpg (127.3 KB, 6 views)

2015 FJR1300A
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
I like the short brake lever but realized I prefer a long clutch lever. Unfortunately they only sell matched pairs.

If anybody wants just my short clutch lever, $20 shipped.
You can buy mixed sets. I had a set of short brake and long clutch levers on my R1 and R6. They were ASV levers.

2008 Gen II
When I was a track-a-holic on my R1 & R6, I used to think that the FJR was an old man's bike. Then I got one and absolutely love it. Hey...wait a minute!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:43 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I bought a set of the 2wheels ones. They caused clutch slippage, regardless of setting. Threw them in the trash.

No commercials. No dictators.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I bought a set of the 2wheels ones. They caused clutch slippage, regardless of setting. Threw them in the trash.
ASV or CRG are the only aftermarket levers I've trusted. I'll not buy anything but them if I decide to go that route on the FJR.

2008 Gen II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page