After market clutch/brake levers - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 07:14 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1300David View Post
I'd like to put a set of black levers on my '14. Not really wanting to go the "shorty" route. Any options out there in standard length OEM style levers in black?
I put on Pazzo's. Non-folding, longs. Look and work great. They are expensive. My son found them on E-Bay so I did not pay full price. But I do admit the ones from the2wheel.com that MadMax posted look good for the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 10:29 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1300David View Post
Thanks guys! I like the look of the Pazzo's. A bit pricey but I'm sure the quality is there. The 2wheels stuff looks good...MadMax96, are you happy with the fitment?
Yes - they went on in minutes, no issues. I got them over the winter and have been running them all this season.

I was trying to find an older thread on them, but couldn't. Someone was basically saying that had Pazzos for one bike and got these for another and basically couldn't tell the difference. The site I mentioned was also in that thread and that's how I found the place.
FJR1300David likes this.

-Matt
2014 FJR1300A
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (sold)
1993 Suzuki VX800 (sold)

1978 Suzuki GS550E (sold)
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 08:40 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I have the Pazzos as well. I run shorties and love em. More comfortable and i like the adjustability as well as the look of them.

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 11:31 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax96 View Post
Yes - they went on in minutes, no issues. I got them over the winter and have been running them all this season.

I was trying to find an older thread on them, but couldn't. Someone was basically saying that had Pazzos for one bike and got these for another and basically couldn't tell the difference. The site I mentioned was also in that thread and that's how I found the place.
The FJR is the second bike that I have put the 2Wheels levers on. I took my FZ6 into the dealership for a service and the mechanic, a local racer, commented on how great the levers felt. When I told him I had paid $35 for the pair he couldn't believe it.

IBA Number 57765.

2011 BMW R1200GS
2007 Yamaha FJR (Flooded by Harvey)
2009 Yamaha FZ6 (Sold 6/18/14)
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:

Might have been me. Was running the Pazzo's on my wife's FZ6 and the ones from The Two Wheels on my FZ1. Since swapped them over as we are selling the FZ6. Cannot tell the difference. Also have installed the The Two Wheels on a friends Suzuki SV650 - she likes them a lot - far more adjustment than stock on that bike.

I've also bought replacement levers only from them (anticipating the inevitable garage drop from one of the girls) and they are easy to change just the lever if you need to - yes, I did need to.

I like the colour combinations and I think black with Titanium adjusters looks good and not too blingy.

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Farkle Trainee

Black with red adjusters from 2Wheels on my 2006. Love them - more comfortable than stock, better contour, and much better looks.

Tiger_993 (aka Bryan)
2006 FJR1300A
2012 WR250R
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 01:47 PM
mmm
Farkle Trainee

Quote:

They may be the same levers coming out from the same machinery that made the Pazzos. The story I heard (from Chinese web site) was that a lot of these manufacturers in China making products for Pazzos are making levers from the same machines in 2nd or 3rd shift or weekends to supplement their income on the side. Some levers you can even see the same tool marks on both. Making levers or golf club on the side is easier to do than shoes, obviously. It's just aluminum.
Steve Bracken likes this.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Training wheels fitted!

the2wheels levers I got work fairly well and feel great. They do have a tendency to ratchet down of their setpoint occasionally. The break lever does it about twice as often as the clutch. Not a big deal but slightly annoying. Sometime this summer I'll pull them off and see if I can file the detent a little deeper.
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Want something that looks nice, feels nice and doesn't break the bank?

Here ya go: http://www.the2wheels.com/

I got a set of OEM length black levers with red adjusters for my '14 and couldn't be happier. Both levers for under $40 shipped.

Done and done.
I have been running those same levers for 2 years and the feel and function is fantastic but the black on the levers and perches have faded to a bronze color so not very happy about that.
Redfish likes this.

2FAST4UBAILEY
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:52 PM
Farkle Trainee

Reviving old thread, forgive please but relevant question.
Shorty levers, from 2wheels-
https://www.the2wheels.com/products/...aha~md_fjr1300
is the profile of the lever rounded enough to be comfortable on the fingertips as the lever slides across the finger? I tried a friends FJR with a shorty lever that was NOT from 2wheels, unknown brand, and the profile of the lever where it contacted the fingers was sharp. Very little round over on the lever, only the top and bottom surface had a cosmetic roundover which led to discomfort with heavy clutch use. Edges felt square to the finger after time.
For those who use the 2wheels lever what is your observation on the profile of the finger engagement surfaces?

2015 FJR A
Pile of dirt bikes, mostly KTM's and a few Vintage
Boats n Stuff
What makes your life worth living?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page