FJR Owners Website » FJR Technical Chat » Audiovox CC « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 21, 2005craig_in_denver20 01-21-05  11:52 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

craig_in_denver
Farkle Trainee
Username: craig_in_denver

Post Number: 104
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

Cable clearance:

4695 Cable Clearance
james1300
Trainee Pilot - Pro Farkler
Username: james1300

Post Number: 337
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 01:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

Guys, all I did was drill a hole thru the 'tang'.
I used a cotter pin, slipped the 'Chain' up the middle of the pin, until it was in the cotterpins 'hole'.
I then slipped the tail of the pin into the drilled whole in the 'tang'.
Then I bent the tails of the cotterpin 'around' the 'tang'. One each side of the 'tang'.
I cut the excess tails off. 16K miles and never any interferance.
lsd
Farkle Trainee
Username: lsd

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 03:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

James

Any chance of a photo (Pretty Please )

Leigh
james1300

Post Number: 340
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 05:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

I dont have a camera. Yet
craig_in_denver
Farkle Trainee

Post Number: 106
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

I'll try to do a 'mock-up' and post the pics. I think Amain described it in more detail somewhere else, but a pic is worth 1000 words.
It is a LOT more simple than what I did. I just like doing it the hard way.
james1300

Post Number: 341
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

Thanks Graig!This is a paragraph from: Saluda dated Dec.27,02. From' Audiovox Cruise: And then there were two. www.fjrowners.ws/forum/messages/2173/4939.html?
Im not a computer person, as Ive just proven, hopefully, Ive thrown enough information here, that someone can help 'Isd'

Quote: 1." Drilled a 9/64th hole throuhg the idle stop tang per the Cruise King with a Dremal tool, while the Mrs. held the throttle. Then clipped a cotter pin between the 1st and 2nd ball of the supplied chain and inserted it in the tang hole from the left side of the tang (left side of bike)to the right and bent back the cotter pin legs aroubd the tang. Then connected to the servo cable via ballchain link and covered with a clear plastic 3/8? tube. Think I started out with 9 balls of chain and cut it down to fit snug, with a little slack." (End Quote).

2. " Since I'm not too good with with a tap & die set, that Wayne used on the aluminumT-bar, tried the supplied carb to servo cable clamp with supplied ?6mm bolts. Just clamped it so the metal throttle cable (lower one) as far forward toward the front of the bike as I could get it. That put it in parallel with the throttle cable and aligned up great with the tang and chain. Had my son throttle on and off about 100 times to make sure it did not interfere with throttle and cables or get hooked on anything."
craig_in_denver
Farkle Trainee

Post Number: 116
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

Here are the promised photos:
These pics are taken with a 3/32" cotter pin. I don't think it's big enough; it will wear thru too soon. I recommend 1/8". You'll have to be carefull to center the hole in the tang.
This isn't my idea, just posting photos for others. However, questions are welcome; someone will be able to answer them.

NOTICE: The tang rests on the throttle stop!! DO NOT bend the cotter pin around the bottom of the tang!! You'll idle at 12,000rpm.

I'll be damned, got 'em all in one post.

james1300

Post Number: 346
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

Very similar to mine except I did wrap 'BOTH' around the tang.
The loop on mine (Cotterpin) is on top of the tang.
Great pics!
Did the info, and link that I posted help?
craig_in_denver
Farkle Trainee

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 12:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

James:
I think the rotation may very well be smoother with the loop on top. But I didn't know if it would clear the throttle cable. It's almost as tall as the nut I used in earlier photos in this thread.

I had already seen the link you posted, that's how I did the pics.

So those of you headed in this direction, try the loop on top, towards the throttle cable first. The mechanical action will be smoother. Also make sure that the cotter pin rotates smoothly, a drop of oil will help.

lsd
Farkle Trainee

Post Number: 62
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

Reading up on the Audiovx, how many check valves do you need ?
(Thinking of using all four vacuum points into a reservoir)

Leigh
james1300

Post Number: 355
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

All you need is one vacuum port.
Why add extra pluming and run the chance of a leak?
One valve is all you need.
amain
FJR Top Gun
Username: amain

Post Number: 746
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

Leigh, why do you want to run all four vac lines together? For the cruise, or something else?
It just plain isn't necessary for a smoothly operating cruise control.
lsd
Farkle Trainee

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

After reading a million and one postings about the Audiovox, some one had brought all four back so that they could do a throttle sync check without removing the tank.
(You still had to remove the tank if an adjustment was required of course)
Thought that was a good idea at the time.

Will try one line first.

Still got to get the CCS100 yet, in NY for 7 days and the beginning of March so will be dragging the wife around Auto shops for a while.
May try and order over the web and get it delivered to the Hotel, if they don't mined.
(Also trying to get a Magnum Blaster horns at the same time, one odd looking suitcase for customs to check )

Leigh
amain
FJR Top Gun
Username: amain

Post Number: 750
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

Thought that might be your motive. Yes, that would be convenient, but James has a point about the risk of leaks. A personal decision I guess.
james1300

Post Number: 360
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 04:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP

While in NYC, you mite want to pick-up a check valve, also.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: