Help me decide which FJR - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Help me decide which FJR

Hi everyone. I just looked at a 2007 FJR1300 with 49k miles that is on consignment at a Honda dealer. The owner is military and out of state, has ridden it cross country a couple of times and there's no maintenance records. The finish on the painted surfaces and windshield is about a 5/10. Lots of usage and faded but no damage. She's been ridden a lot (and maybe stored outside?). Many of the exposed screw heads like on the handlebars and fluid covers are rusty. Engine sounds good, tires look good. Average book is about 5200 and I can get it for $3500 out the door.

Or, there's a 2004 with 30k miles that looks immaculate that I can probably get for the same price. Haven't seen it yet but the pics look good.

Whaddaya think?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9512 (2).JPG (48.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9511.JPG (44.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9507.JPG (53.6 KB, 26 views)
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootcraps View Post
Hi everyone. I just looked at a 2007 FJR1300 with 49k miles that is on consignment at a Honda dealer. The owner is military and out of state, has ridden it cross country a couple of times and there's no maintenance records. The finish on the painted surfaces and windshield is about a 5/10. Lots of usage and faded but no damage. She's been ridden a lot (and maybe stored outside?). Many of the exposed screw heads like on the handlebars and fluid covers are rusty. Engine sounds good, tires look good. Average book is about 5200 and I can get it for $3500 out the door.

Or, there's a 2004 with 30k miles that looks immaculate that I can probably get for the same price. Haven't seen it yet but the pics look good.

Whaddaya think?

Thanks!
Do you have a preference of gen 1 or gen 2?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 PM
Farkle Trainee

I had a 2004 and the ONLY reason I sold it was because I wanted ABS brakes. If it had them, I would have kept it. Other than that, it was a fine riding, smooth and powerful bike. It got me hooked on FJRs for sure.

Robin
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmem View Post
Do you have a preference of gen 1 or gen 2?

I don't know the differences. I'll look on the forum.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

So I did some reading and I like that the Gen II is a bit more refined and I like the grip warmers. They both have ABS.

The main thing that bothers me about the '07 is the cosmetic stuff. The paint condition and rusty screws make me question if it was maintained properly. If you have to leave it outside, you can't buy a cover?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Farkle Trainee

Had a 04 and it was a good bike ,but I sold it because they ran hot on the legs and ass
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Training wheels fitted!

This is the bike you want:

2006 FJR1300 Midnight Blue For Sale

It already has the risers, the throttle lock and the bar end weights. The the led brake flashers are fantastic. Runs perfect.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Farkle Trainee

buy a gen2...not that one though. Check cycle trader for prices. Get the newest and lowest miles you can afford. https://www.cycletrader.com/New-Or-U...0%7C764862751&
sdbeck likes this.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:31 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootcraps View Post
So I did some reading and I like that the Gen II is a bit more refined and I like the grip warmers. They both have ABS.

The main thing that bothers me about the '07 is the cosmetic stuff. The paint condition and rusty screws make me question if it was maintained properly. If you have to leave it outside, you can't buy a cover?
Good point on the cover. But then you would have to take the time to cover it and they didn't bother or care so I suspect the same care free applies to other maintenance.
If you like the gen 2 I would suggest as others have at finding a better choice. They are out there if you're patient.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page