Cee Baileys's dark tint windshield help - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Cee Baileys's dark tint windshield help

I replaced the light tint Cee Baileys 19" sport screen with their 21" dark tint screen on my 2013 which I really like, but now the stone gray covers for the windshield mounts really stick out and I don't like the look at all.

So I will be painting them some darker color that will go good with the dark tint screen, or maybe find some nice looking vinyl material and wrap them, which might be the best way to go.

So does anyone with a 2015 with the liquid graphite paint have pictures of their bike with a dark tint Cee Baileys windscreen, so I can see how the liquid graphite paint looks against the windscreen.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Highly modified and customized 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A.

2007 Custom Candy Sonoma Red naked Bandit 1250S/AK7 totally customized with MetrickMetal custom parts and one off mods. Full Holeshot stage II with header & slip-on, Race Tech gold valves / springs and Cogent Dynamic shock. In a constant state of metamorphosis.

Last edited by MetrickMetal; 03-19-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Farkle Trainee

Since it is YOUR bike you have to make yourself happy but IMO the contrasting colors of those covers against the dark screen looks good. Just a worthless opinion.

To answer your question about pics of the 2015 with a dark tint 21 inch Cee Bailey, what kind of idiot would have a setup like that? It would have to look like hammered goat turds.

But since you asked nicely, I believe this is the answer to your question:

And a few with the 19 inch Sport version in dark tint:

But whatever you do, do NOT do this. This is not a Good Look.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:30 AM
Farkle Trainee

Maybe I missed it Andrew- wtf happened there?

Tour of Honor- Join today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
Maybe I missed it Andrew- wtf happened there?

Like a complete amateur I dropped it into the gas pump just over 30 miles from my house on my way to SFO. I was only able to make the last night of SFO and that setback cost me almost two hours of riding time. I still managed to get home, install the OE shield, and make the ride from Prairieville LA to Clanton AL with time to spare. No Interstate either.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:06 AM
Farkle Trainee

Now I think it's coming back to me. I remember reading something about swapping on your OEM shield. Could happen to anyone. Especially if there's loose footing. Which you usually don't find out about until a boot pops out from under you.
passx likes this.

Tour of Honor- Join today.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Thanks Redfish for the pictures, but needs to be darker.

I was already planning on either painting or wrapping the beak, front fender and side cowling covers, as I canít stand that dark bronze color. So I'm going to drop by a vinyl wrap place and see if I can find something in black that I can have all of those pieces wrapped in along with the windshield mount covers.

2007 Custom Candy Sonoma Red naked Bandit 1250S/AK7 totally customized with MetrickMetal custom parts and one off mods. Full Holeshot stage II with header & slip-on, Race Tech gold valves / springs and Cogent Dynamic shock. In a constant state of metamorphosis.

Last edited by MetrickMetal; 03-20-2017 at 09:41 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Farkle Trainee

Metrick, how's about some carbon fiber ?

Steve P
2014A
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Metrick, how's about some carbon fiber ?

That is a possibility.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Farkle Trainee

not meaning to sidetrack this thread, but have a question on the CB 19",
how does this compare to the stock or the National Cycle VStream Sport ??

looking to get more air i think, and smoother up air ??
i only got the bike last september, put about 6k miles on it before the season ended, so memory is a tic fuzzy. i thought it was warm in the heat, and i would have liked more air, and it was boomey up ?? 5'9 30"

thanks much for the time,
Joel

16ES
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel S. View Post
not meaning to sidetrack this thread, but have a question on the CB 19",
how does this compare to the stock or the National Cycle VStream Sport ??

looking to get more air i think, and smoother up air ??
i only got the bike last september, put about 6k miles on it before the season ended, so memory is a tic fuzzy. i thought it was warm in the heat, and i would have liked more air, and it was boomey up ?? 5'9 30"

thanks much for the time,
Joel

Not more air but better air. The CB 19" Sport Shield is about an inch taller and is wider at most points plus it has a "recurve" at the top.

I have run over 20K miles with the Sport and when I broke it I had to install the factory shield again. I hated it. I bought the 21" Cee Bailey and it is a fine shield. For winter.

FedEx delivered my second Cee Bailey Sport today and I already installed it. Actually looking forward to riding it to work in the morning.
Joel S. likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page