Legal speeding dolly for FJR?? - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Legal speeding dolly for FJR??

I know there is probably a thread or two out there about this product but I thought I would get a review or two from those who have used this garage dolly on the FJR. I really have to be able to tuck the bike away easier. I am thinking of getting one and it seems that Legal Speeding is the main company that sells them. Sadly I have had a bad experience with them as the "H.A.R.D" helmet system I bought failed and they (he) never returned a call or an e-mail to get it repaired or replaced. If this dolly is that good for $200 then I will bite the bullet. I just want to make sure if the product fails it will be backed up by the company..

thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:47 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

When I googled them, I was surprised at how many there are. Google 'motorcycle dolly.'

The Harbor Freight one looks decent for under $100... and for cheap stuff, I have pretty good luck with them.

Just remember when you ride the bike onto those things, your legs are going to get shorter.
Buck83 and GuitarDave like this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Rock and Mack again. Never forgotten. * *
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

After doing lots of research, I decided the only way to see if it'll work for my FJR is to try one. As I'm well under six foot with a short inseam, my main concern is that people expressed it's a bit harder to get up onto the Park 'N' Move than the centerstand alone (and maybe off too), and I struggle a bit as it is. Though I find it easier if I remove the panniers first.

When mine arrives I'm going to try the 1/2" or 3/4" board under the rear tire trick some have suggested. Not sure if I'll be able to try it soon and report my review here, as I'm still healing from a left broken collarbone. Hopefully I can get it up one-armed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I also seriously considered the MotoMover, but decided against it due to size, weight and cost. https://motomover.com/shop/motorcycle-dolly/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaBiker View Post
Not sure if I'll be able to try it soon and report my review here, as I'm still healing from a left broken collarbone. Hopefully I can get it up one-armed
OOF!!! I wouldn't even try. It's tricky enough putting an FJR up on the center stand with two full-strength arms. The thing is just too big and heavy to risk not having full strength available, IMHO!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbixby View Post
OOF!!! I wouldn't even try. It's tricky enough putting an FJR up on the center stand with two full-strength arms. The thing is just too big and heavy to risk not having full strength available, IMHO!
If you think FJR is hard, try putting C10 Concours on a center stand.
steve o'connor and Kawman10 like this.

2016 FJR1300A
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:19 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlson View Post
If you think FJR is hard, try putting C10 Concours on a center stand.
"The Ex" has (, or had?) a Bandit 1250 with lowering links. Now *that* was a pain. I'm 6'2" and strong, but that thing would only go up with a rolling start, or the board-under-wheels trick.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 05:33 PM
Training wheels fitted!

It took awhile to get use to the park N move. Maybe 2 attempts.
I am glad I bought it. It's really not that bad to use.

SPORT MODE RIPPS!!!!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

I don't know why, but this reminds me of pain medication. A while back, I ignored glaring symptoms until almost too late and had an emergency appendectomy. I'm aggressive when it comes to dealing with injury or healing, work in a physical profession, and had multiple high profile things coming up. These considerations in my subconscious, linked with lingering sedation/pain meds from surgery, led me to conclude, in my drug addled state, that heel toe lifts, 4 hours after surgery, in a gown, one hand on the IV rack, were a winning plan. The board in my room said "movement as tolerated", but I think they meant the next day when I would appreciate the consequences of my actions. Adding to the physical insult, the next morning, in excruciating pain, I forced on jeans, a tshirt, and boots. Goddamn those boots hurt to pull on. Topped it off with a ball cap and sunglasses, and went on a search through the hospital for Red Bull. I snuck out of the ward like a slow walking joe cool. By the time I made it down and across to the cafe (no Red Bull- it's a hospital, I was on drugs), I was Ozzy Osbourne on a bad day, excruciating just to lift a foot, Ozzy shuffle and all. By the time I made it back to the ward, I was almost breaking down. Charge nurse standing there with her arms crossed- calmly noting that they'd been looking for me. And that was the only time, barring travel or bike breakdown, that I've been off a bike for over a week in years.
steve o'connor likes this.

Last edited by Bill Lumberg; 03-16-2017 at 06:02 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:30 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I have one and really like it. It took a little learning curve to get the bike up on it. Now I can get the bike up on it wearing sandals. I have never tried putting the rear tire on a piece of wood. You need to center the stand on the dolly and stand on
the center stand and push through and lift up and pull back in one fluid motion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page