First FJR, First Yamaha,2015 FJR1300 in Florida! - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
First FJR, First Yamaha,2015 FJR1300 in Florida!

Hello Everyone,

Long time rider, but my first Yamaha.

To say Iím excited for the adventures that await would be an understatement. Iím ready to see how far I can push this thing, or vice versa.

Making my way through the break-in period and Iím very happy with the way the bike feels. I canít wait to really open her up. I think I will have to make a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway in May to really see what it can do.

I am curious, since this is my first Yamaha, coming from mainly Kawasakiís, are there groups like COG and ROK for FJR owners? Iíve been searching for meet-ups and rallies but havenít had much success, beyond sporadic ones from years past. COG has had a yearly rally for many years, is there nothing like that for the FJR?

Iím looking forward to being part of the group!

- Moto Mike

BIKES: PAST-Honda XR 650L, Ninja 250, Honda Hurricane 600, EX500, Ninja 650, ZX-14R and now 2015 FJR1300!

SOME FAVORITE RIDES: Blue Ridge Parkway, Hawks Nest, Jersey Shore, A1A, NYC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:27 PM
Farkle Trainee

This is one of 3 major FJR forums, some are more active with the meetups than others. There are several meetups and get togethers of varying size throughout this continent and spanning most of the "riding season". Since you and I live in the South, we don't have a riding season, but you understand what I mean.

Closest to you will be EOM (Eastern Owners Meeting) being held in Wytheville VA this year and SFO (Southern FJR Owners) just outside Clanton AL in October. The farthest (I think) for you would be YFO (Yosemite FJR Owners) in Mariposa California June 1.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Thanks so much for the info and reply, it's very much appreciated. I'll check them out for sure!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Farkle Trainee

Last year's SFO was at least 50% organized through this forum and it was a very nice time. You can find the threads on it here and see what we did and how much fun we had. In case you did not know, NE Alabama has some fine roads and mountains!

The owner of FJRiders is heavily into organizing EOM. In the appropriate sections of this forum you will find some of the info you seek.

As a fellow "Gulf Coast" resident I am at your service with any questions you may have.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Redfish, thanks for the heads up on the organized meet ups, I'll track the posts down and take a look.

I've actually never ridden in Alabama. But you've piqued my interest, I'm going to go see what I can find. Much appreciated!

- Moto Mike

BIKES: PAST-Honda XR 650L, Ninja 250, Honda Hurricane 600, EX500, Ninja 650, ZX-14R and now 2015 FJR1300!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Farkle Trainee

Look under Meetings and Events in the appropriate area.

I bumped this year's SFO thread. Look for the thread that begins with Alabama and the SFO home safe and pics thread. There is a canyon in NE Alabama that will surprise you. The highest point in Alabama is only about 200 feet less than the highest point in Arkansas.

There is no need to wait until October to meet some FJR folks though.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
That's exactly what I was looking and hoping for! Looks like it was a great time.

It's also great that some of the routes were posted!

Thanks!

- Moto Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page