Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist

Quote:
Not quite two years after running over Chief Petty Officer Zacharias Buob in a San Diego road-rage “accident”, Darla Renee Jackson was sentenced yesterday to six years in prison after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
Read more about the Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Farkle Trainee

At least she didn't get off scot free - but 6 years is a light sentence for what she did - she took a life - she had a choice whether to take that life or not - but she chose to take that man's life, exactly the same as if she had shot him on the street for no reason.
Not good enough iMHO.
Looking at this case in the context of the scumbag Crum who got 15 years recently for knocking a motorcyclist and his pillion off, but not killing them - doesn't seem right.
lowrider likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Farkle Trainee

Agreed on 6 yrs seems light. One-she's a woman and judicial system often treats them differently. Two-I don't know what preceded the events that lead to this man's death. In the Crum case, there was video evidence it was not an emotionally charged response to prior interactions. Three-perhaps there was no video evidence in this case to sway the jury toward a more harsh sentence like the Crum case. Condolences to these man's family, and to the woman's family who suffer as well.
Redfish likes this.

'14 FJR-ES Candy Red
'83 CB1100F Blue Red and White (not currently running)
'83 CB1100F Red Black and White (in the shed)

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:11 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Luv View Post
Agreed on 6 yrs seems light. One-she's a woman and judicial system often treats them differently. Two-I don't know what preceded the events that lead to this man's death. In the Crum case, there was video evidence it was not an emotionally charged response to prior interactions. Three-perhaps there was no video evidence in this case to sway the jury toward a more harsh sentence like the Crum case. Condolences to these man's family, and to the woman's family who suffer as well.
It seems the motorcyclist, after being passed by the defendant at a high rate of speed and scaring him, kicked her door and took off. She chased him at high speed and when he slowed down for some traffic, she couldn't/wouldn't stop and ran over him. The judge thought she didn't mean to hit him but just was going so fast that when he slowed she ran into him. I think if the judge thought she MEANT to hit him he would have given her a lot more time. On the other hand, if he hadn't kicked her door he would probably be quaffing a beer down this afternoon with his buddies, telling them about the crazy woman who scared the poop out of him a couple of years ago.
rbentnail, J-Luv and Tiger_993 like this.

07 FJR 38,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:40 PM
FJR Top Gun

I dunno'. When I saw the original video, I thought it more likely that he was lane splitting (legal in CA) and that set her off.

From all reports of her prior history, she wasn't wrapped too tightly.

2013 FJR
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
She got off easy! Will only have to serve 1/3 usually if they dont let her out earlier. What a load of crap.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:06 PM
FJR Top Gun

I think so, but then I'd say we all are kind of biased.
GuitarDave likes this.

2013 FJR
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:11 AM
Farkle Trainee

This kind of thing has pushed me into getting my carry permit, I had an incident several years ago where a guy who was moving over to permit a guy coming off an on-ramp in, the guy moving over didn't see me so I honked the horn on my 76 gl1000, the guy swerved back right almost getting into the on-ramp guy but waved and apologized, the on-ramp guy though was po'd beyond belief and started chasing me with many elaborate hand gestures and seemed to want to run into me, a 100+ mph (in a 50mph zone) ensued for over 10 miles before I was able to use an 18wheeler as a pick and who realized what was going on and gave me the pick option and I was able to escape down a side road, on-ramp guy almost bit it with the semi trying to follow me, thank god for the semi driver who was paying attention and was willing to help, I still don't understand why he was so angry, the whole thing was his fault because rather than trying to smoothly merge in he was trying to force his way in and the guy next to me really had no place to go like me because of the heavy traffic. Could've been much worse.

Steve P
2014A
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:09 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Luv View Post
Woman in Cali vs man in Tejas.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 12:01 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

People do crazy snit when they're mad. Don't kick somebody's car, guys... your pride ain't worth your life. (And people are already crazy/stupid enough without tweaking them.)

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Rock and Mack again. Never forgotten. * *

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page