Wanted - your damaged / broke Gen3 front stay / subframe - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garauld

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Wink Wanted - your damaged / broke Gen3 front stay / subframe

As I posted elsewhere, I would like to borrow / keep your damaged Gen3 aluminum front subframe so I can see if it's possible to create a reinforcement kit like I make for the rear subframe. I will pay all shipping costs stateside. You may have it back upon request. PM me if you got one. Thanks.
Queensland Ken likes this.

"If ya can't be handsome, ya might as well be handy!"

2004 FJR1300
1974 V7 Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:17 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Mine recently broke, and I'll be replacing it as soon as the new part arrives. Any chance I could trade my broken stay for a small discount on a rear rack?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garauld View Post
As I posted elsewhere, I would like to borrow / keep your damaged Gen3 aluminum front subframe so I can see if it's possible to create a reinforcement kit like I make for the rear subframe. I will pay all shipping costs stateside. You may have it back upon request. PM me if you got one. Thanks.
Are you still wanting these? I thought I offered one as an aside in a PM regarding another item, but you did not remark about it. I have one if you are interested.

'14 FJR-ES Candy Red
'83 CB1100F Blue Red and White (not currently running)
'83 CB1100F Red Black and White (in the shed)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Hi - I got one and tried to figure out a way to strengthen it to no avail.

2004 FJR1300
1974 V7 Sport
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 07:08 PM
FJR Top Gun

Gary, an afterthought, perhaps it not better to strengthen it where the ears break off. At least they are accessible. If one strengthens it in one place, it will break in another, perhaps where it is inaccessible. Mine has broken twice in tipovers and I repaired with epoxy with removal of only the instrument panel plastic.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 1983 Magna V65 (for sale)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 PM
Farkle Trainee

So does this mean that Gen III owners are doomed? Haha. I'm glad I've got one of the famed Stiffy kits on my Gen II.

I used to think that the FJR was an old man's bike. Then I got one and absolutely love it. Hey...wait a minute!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
If the ears get broken off, I can reweld them back on for cheap bux - done it already. Fine print: the rest of the stay needs to be straight.

2004 FJR1300
1974 V7 Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page