Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums - View Profile: RaYzerman
FJR Top Gun

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Madmudder
    07-10-2016 07:51 AM - permalink
    Madmudder
    Crap that sucks, well when you get it all taken care of give me a call and let me know how the trip went. The cell phone story alone is one I have to hear.
    Are you going to NERDS?
  2. Madmudder
    07-08-2016 09:34 AM - permalink
    Madmudder
    Hey Ray,
    You back in town yet? I tried calling but it says your phone is out of service. Did you fall off the grid?
  3. RaYzerman
    04-09-2016 07:11 PM - permalink
    RaYzerman
    Steve,
    I had a heck of a time getting the pins out too, but somehow I did it. I think I clamped the pin in a vice.... anyway, you still have that option.

I put the Helibar Bridge on, and they move the bars waaaaaay back... 1.5", plus you get a lot of rotational adjustability. Cost me $200 US from a buddy who bought but did not install. The bad news is you can no longer raise the tank, must remove the back tank bolt to get it out. Also, the bars now hit my tank bag, but I'm OK (I think) having the bars rotated fully forward (they are still back 1.5"). Will try that for a while and see.

I haven't done my Seat Concepts thing yet..... no rush as I have a Russell.
  4. Little Joe
    04-08-2016 08:20 PM - permalink
    Little Joe
    Ray

I modified the bars slightly at my friends shop in Florida during March.( put 5600km on the bike).!!
    If you know anyone who has a C14 they need to get his flash. Totally transforms bike in a very good way.( (shoodabenengineering.com)

I was not able to get pins out but I drilled the furthest back holes very slightly oversized (two bit sizes up)(can't remember exact size now).
    When I reinstalled bars I held bars to most forward movement in holes and retorqued. I gained like 2 or 3 deg at bar ends and just enough to take the pain out of wrists. Worked out really well.
    I would really like to see your bar setup sometime (I had helibars on my Concours for years and remember they were 500US way back....so I feel your pain)

With the slight bar adjust and the seatconcepts seat ( not perfect buy WAY better than stock) 1000km days very doable now.

Congrats on the bike

Steve
  5. RaYzerman
    02-10-2016 09:59 PM - permalink
    RaYzerman
    Sorry Steve, I missed your message until now........ I had done the opposite, I rotated my bars back, but no reason you couldn't do the same forward..... I'd have to take the covers off to see how the slots are.........
    All I did was pull out one of the positioning pins in the bottom of the handlebar, and this will allow it to pivot on the other remaining pin. The pins can be hard to get out, but a good pair of vice grips might do it, or put it in a vice and tap the handlebar...... no worries if you want to put the pin back in or try switching which pin you leave in, OR, pulling both pins...... the trick here is making both sides the same. I would recommend risers, which also have pins, but at least you can judge the position a bit better..... maybe use some painters tape first to mark a reference........

If that doesn't work for you, you might want to consider the Helibars riser plate.... expensive, brings the bars way back, gives rotational adjustment.... did I mention expensive
  6. Little Joe
    02-09-2016 09:45 PM - permalink
    Little Joe
    Got a question for you....

I recall somewhere reading about 3rd gen bar handle bar adjustment, and that you had changed angle.

So I have moved my bars a couple of times and now at rear most position. I would like to rotate the bar ends slightly forward (probably about one hole(1/4")??

If you do this I assume you have to remove at least one of the locating pins and not reinstall as well as either bore the slot slightly wider to allow pivot and reinstall of secondary (cable holder bolt). OR do you think the one main bolt torqued to spec is enough??

May attempt this when I get to Florida, and seek a little advice in this regard if you have infact tinkered with this before.

Thanks
    Steve

About Me

• About RaYzerman
    Occupation
    Retarred
  • Signature
    Ray
    Keep yer stick on the ice....
    2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 1983 Magna V65 (for sale)

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: Today 06:06 AM
  • Referrals: 0

Friends

Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
  • Madmudder

Mentions

10-04-2016
08:42 AM - RaYzerman mentioned red in post Question on TBS sync
... combustion, etc.) red, if TBS is adjusted ...
01-18-2016
11:59 AM - RaYzerman mentioned passx in post Throttle Body Sync
passx, I think we're on th...

Quotes

06-22-2017
10:31 PM - RaYzerman quoted passx in post Progress report on the FJ-09 / MT-09 Tracer
One thing to keep in mind ...
09:36 AM - J-Luv quoted RaYzerman in post Headlight swap to LED
Many of these LED headlight bu...
06-21-2017
09:47 PM - spork quoted RaYzerman in post driveline clacking at low speeds
First, fully release the clutc...
10:14 AM - rbentnail quoted RaYzerman in post Died on the road yesterday, towed home. This is 70% just rambling/bouncing thoughts.
They are those sensors, and sh...
06-19-2017
10:01 PM - Mr_Ed quoted RaYzerman in post Rear wheel question
11 stays with the drive hub, n...
08:19 AM - philharmonic quoted RaYzerman in post Bent brake pedal
There's some on ebay, but not ...
06:56 AM - RaYzerman quoted Zee in post Usability of controls on FJR
Hmm, so far it sounds li...
06-18-2017
03:40 PM - RaYzerman quoted passx in post Fluid change
Guy's, the FSM clearly sta...
12:47 PM - Mr_Ed quoted RaYzerman in post Rear wheel question
FSM section 4-35 refers to it ...
06-16-2017
01:28 PM - shootcraps quoted RaYzerman in post Help me decide which FJR
The ticker thing needs to be v...
12:38 PM - WhatYes quoted RaYzerman in post Help me decide which FJR
The ticker thing needs to be v...
06-12-2017
07:09 AM - RaYzerman quoted Redfish in post Abs light flashing
Are any of you with the ABS ...
06-11-2017
04:46 PM - Tony Doms quoted RaYzerman in post ST2 Self Cancel Turn Signal
Road tested for 2000 miles thi...
06-04-2017
09:58 AM - rbentnail quoted RaYzerman in post CCT problem on a 2004 FJR with only 8,500 miles?
Just take your Dremel and put ...
05-29-2017
08:20 PM - RC65 quoted RaYzerman in post What Did You Do To Your FJR Today?
Go ride. No harm in extending...
04:16 PM - JamesW quoted RaYzerman in post FJR 1300 ES vs BMW K1200RS
I had the occasion to help wit...
05-28-2017
08:31 AM - W8NONU quoted RaYzerman in post FJR 1300 ES vs BMW K1200RS
The total cost of ownership ke...
05-27-2017
01:06 PM - STump quoted RaYzerman in post Gen3 Grips - Stuck???
Thanks! The heating wires...
05-26-2017
07:55 AM - RaYzerman quoted Joel S. in post 2016-17 FJR Technical Notes
i have put the sidestand dow...
05-25-2017
06:17 PM - JamesW quoted RaYzerman in post Engine Vibration (2014)
Gen2 throttle body will not wo...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome