NoMoSno 2017 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

NoMoSno 2017

Time to start talking about who, what, when and where.... I am looking at the last 2 weekends of April...what you fellers think?

May the wind take your troubles away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:20 PM
FJR Top Gun

Love to, but got too many conflicts... I'm likely out until the fall.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 1983 Magna V65 (for sale)
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 11:20 PM
CSI
Farkle Trainee

Gonna have to sit this one out.

Got a ride the 2nd weekend of April......wife already bought my ticket for Spyder fest the last weekend, -AND- I have a memorial ride for a friend who was murdered in May.

I hope you guys have a great time...gonna try to catch up with you all at the Fall Event.

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Gave you thought about this? All the cool kids will be there.

http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/

Mike Hammer Down Brown
Harrisburg, NC
2016 FJR 1300A
IBA #35455

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Down Brown View Post
Gave you thought about this? All the cool kids will be there.

http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/
Been meaning to make this some day, cant this year as work intrudes that weekend, also, not quite hooning territory as it takes place in flat-as-a-pancake-and-most-roads-run-straight Illinois...but it looks like a great time

May the wind take your troubles away.
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:35 PM
Farkle Trainee

Well, I wouldn't mind a 2K ride to share some stories

I'm not "Ozark Literate" but should we try somewhere new or stick with one of the old standby's?

The Mt. Ida area looked kind of cool but it's one of "those" dry counties......but that never seemed to stop us in the past !
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 01:06 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I'm open for:
April 7-9
April 21-23
April 28-30

I'm sure the camaraderie of the Moonshine event would be great, but riding in that part of Illinoisville is something I only do if I need to.

Boofer, it'd be awesome to see you! Mt. Ida's pretty, it's over on the flatter side of the lake. If we were going to that area, it might make more sense to go more on your side of the lake at Jessieville or up by Nimrod Lake. There just aren't a lot of great twisty favorites super close to there, which is why we usually default to Clarksville, Russelville, Harrison, Gassville or Mountain Home.

We could also find good stuff in southeastern Missouri.

I love riding in the Smokies... there's just a lot more traffic over there, even in the stupid-good stuff. My best times there have been alone, so I can ride like an idiot and there's no group to get arrested behind me. And for us middle-western guys, it's a lot of droning to get over there. (spoiled rotten brats, the lot of us)

One time I had a Dragon ride get diverted north by bad weather, and we had a blast riding the Kentucky and West Virginia roads out of Lexington. It was fun and scenic.

Point is... if you'd like to try a route on the Florida side of the Ozarks, I'm sure we could come up with something.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

The week before Christmas, my 15-year old permit driver was chauffeuring me in my beloved old Chevy truck on MO19 just north of my ranch. Running off the road there is not forgiving. She got wheels off the pavement and before I could grab the wheel from the passenger side, she had the truck sideways and headed off a steep embankment. The truck flew and then rolled and rolled. Thankfully, everybody was okay, except for my KTM riding in the back... just beaten up pretty good. For the past four weeks I've been trying to get my muscles working again, but I'm good to ride. (All the bike crashes I've had... this one hurt like a sumbitch)

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Rock and Mack again. Never forgotten. * *
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 01:38 PM
CSI
Farkle Trainee

**** ! ! ! !

I am glad that everybody made it out of that unscathed, more or less......from the looks, it COULD have been much worse !!
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 03:33 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Yeah, thanks. We were blessed, and the ol' Chevy held together pretty good. I was able to crawl out the passenger window, and help the kids climb out the driver window. A good samaritan drove us into town to a warm Mobil station where my longsuffering Mrs came to pick us up.

My daughter that was driving looked like she'd gone a round with Mike Tyson, and I felt like I'd been used as an NFL tackling dummy, but the kids don't have a scratch left, and a couple more weeks, my right shoulder should be 90%. I've even been back on my spare dirt bike, gently.

Blessed.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Rock and Mack again. Never forgotten. * *
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

Wow

So glad that you all made it with minor injuries Liquid........hopefully your daughter is okay mentally and realized it as a learning experience, and that even the most experienced drivers have accidents. Somehow I bet she hopped right back in the drivers seat and is even more determined to be a good driver now !!! My daughter learned to drive in the U.P. of Michigan in our Silverado pickup and to this day she tells me that it was the best vehicle to learn in.

Hey.....I was just SUGGESTING that we might try something different It has nothing to do with how close to Florida we go !! To me another 400 miles just cuts a little bit into my dinner time once I,m done riding for the day

I am just peachy with the idea of the Limetree or one of the other places which have not black listed the Hoons ! I really don't give a hoot as long as we can sit back and tell stories between friends

I am open all of April for now but........I recently certified as an MSF Rider Coach (did I fool them or what ??) and now teach Basic Riding Classes twice a month. So if we nail the dates down by March......then I will have free reign to block off the Hoon ride weekend with no problems !! My vote is for one of the last two weekends as it might be a tish warmer then......but okay with any.......ya never know what the weather is going to be in the Ozarks at that time of year (ya think?).

It would be great to see y'all again......I especially look forward to seeing the tail lights of Trainwreck and you dis-appearing in the far distance But no worries.......I will show up (eventually) as you Hoons sit at the stop sign wondering when the heck that Boofer will show up

If it has two wheels or a mainsail - I will pilot it.
Boof

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page